Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a g3 teg. I've wanted one since 94 when I purchased my current ride, a 93 BMW 318is. I didn't know much about cars when I bought it, only that a beemer would be different than what everybody else had (@ the time), & the ladies loved it. It's a 1.8 liter auto, so not much power, but it looks good. I bought it, loved it, & spent a ton of money on it since. Now I'm ready to buy the car I should have bought to begin with...the teg.

I know I want a b18c1 in it with black interior. My problem is that all I can find is either a gsr with a tan interior, or a ls/rs/gs (with the right color interior). Right now I know I can buy a green 95 4 door gsr(for a great price), but you guessed it, it has a tan interior. My question is this, if I buy the one with the tan interior & the engine I want, what can I do to get the right color on the inside? I've searched this topic over and over, and all I can come up with is to either paint/dye it, or replace the whole interior with an interior from another car. I know if I paint it I run the possibility of it chipping or scratching. I definitely dont want that. But the interior swap idea seems like it could be an expensive & hard to perform venture. The benefit of this is I could convert it to a type r interior.

What do you guys think? Should I wait to find the right car (with the motor & the black interior), should I take the deal & change the stock interior, or should I get an rs/ls/gs with the right interior & swap the motor?

Any advice/opinions on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has swaped the interior could you give me some idea on the cost of such a project, that will make my decision easier.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
personally Id just wait and find a teg that you like. Swaping the interior isnt super hard, but its a lot of work. Just be patient and keep looking.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Wait for it and dont comprimise, youll be that much happier when you get the car, if you get something that your not totally happy with youll be kicking your own ass down the road for some time to come. unless you alleviate the stuff you dont like such as paint or interior.

·
Registered
768 Posts
wait bro, trust me, wait, or else u'll regret it, like me, i wish i bought a gsr with black interior, but i got the green with tan leather instead, horrible

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
If u can wait I would just wait for the rine 1 to come across. But if ur anxious to buy a teg now then just buy the "deal" u found and start searching far and wide for black interior.

Post WTB's in numerous car forums. Also search on ebay, they always have members pating out their interior.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I've been checking autotrader everyday, but the wait is killing me. I have found a few gsr listed, but the price differences between the gsr & all other tegs is unbelievable. I want to pay cash, so I guess I'll have to do a little more saving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts