Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm shopping for an audio system (sub-amp) and I come across a deal by A1 Electronics in Norcross. They're offering me 2 12" 800 watt Interfire subs (IFS-12D4) and a 1000 watt 2-channel Interfire amp (IB2900C) for $470.

BTW that includes the enclosure, wires, and installation! Sounds too good to be true, but I don't want garbage in my trunk. I'm not extremely knowledgeable with audio, nor have I ever heard of Interfire, so any opinionated input would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If Interfire is a new audio company, A1 Electronics may be a little anxious to push the sales. If they sound okay to you, I say go for it and give us some feedback.

Edit0- Do they offer any kind of warranty with the purchase of the subs?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They sound legit to me, but what I need is someone who speaks audio to give the specs a quick look and give an opinion. It isn't all about wattage and unfortunetly that's about all I know.

Your average 30-day warranty for the whole setup... and that doesn't cover disappointment in performance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well you are looking at way underpowering the sub you are getting. it says a 225x2 RMS and the sub can take a 400W RMS. I think you would get the same bump (and better clarity going, less weight) going for a JL 12W3V2 (older technology, but still strong) in a ported box with a 400W RMS amp. It will run you about the same money, but I think you will be happier. I would hold off for something better. As for price, not a bad deal but I am pretty sure I could find it down here at "Kellers Flea Mkt" for the same if not cheaper.
But that is just me. If you think it is legit, run with it. Just dont rush into something though.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've enlightened myself since then and now know that a stronger amp would be needed for the subs' true "potential." Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and find the right setup for the right price. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.