Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question is who makes one of the most efficent intercooelers, does anyone have a chart of a preferance to who is best or most efficient. also im goin after 300whp would it be an idea to shoot n2o at the intercooler to cool it down?

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Not n20...probably chilled Co2...

As for most efficient intercooler, the whole point of an intercooler is to slow down the air enough to drop its temperature through all of the vanes. This is going to create a pressure loss from one side to the other though. You have to find a compromise between pressure loss and actual intercooler efficiency.

Please someone correct me if I have mislead him at all, just trying to answer...

If you are only aiming for 300whp, a smaller intercooler would be nice to give you less pressure drop and a faster spool.

You are welcome to throw on your turbo build on here, most of us do..

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Thats definitely not what I was talking about. Isnt Cry02 the system that injects Co2 into your intake?

All that would do is add turbulence, decreasing power, fuel economy, and adding lag=bad.

NOS, Nitrous Express, etc they all make very good Co2 Intercooler sprayers. one design is like a loop, and the newer (better in my opinion) design is the snake which covers more area on your intercooler. A spray in the morning and every once in a while could add quite a bit of power and keep your intercooler very efficient.

Good luck, and keep researching.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my build at this time( currently pickin up parts piece by piece) opinoins are welcome. 650 high impedence injectors, gt2871r, ramhorm manifold by synapse if possible, custom piping done by a shop so no problems buyin piping that dont work, possible synapse intercooler or spearco, synap is 24x8,3.5 i belive. clutchmaster clutch, hondata s300 for sure. blox intake manifold, 68 mm throttle body. itr valve cover lol i just like the red. any downpipe and exhaust thats worth it. anyone got opinions. im goin for 300whp at most 350 when built. lookin to spool by 4k or 4500

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes cryo2 will do intercoolers on a ring i guess is what it is and thats what im lookin for. figured it would make it more efficient. im tyring to stealth my car with black intercooler and piping also, dont wnat people to know **** about my car

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Thats actually a pretty nice build...check out mine if you need any additional upgrade ideas.

I wouldnt push more than 300whp on a stock engine...personally. I think things would start to break by then.

The ramhorn will give you a higher powerband like maybe 4500-5000rpm, I dont know about the blox intake quality (skunk2 has a great IM/TB sale), and as for anything else turbo related, heres a few links...

Lightning Motorsports

Spooling Performance (check out the quick4 mani!)

Peakboost

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im trying to get away from the typical boost build u know t3.t4 **** its good but its not original. and 300whp is my goal ill down tune to like 275 to keep it safe if necessary. blox should do for me people dont say bad things or that i read atleast. i like the ball bearing cause its gonna spool better than a journal. and how do i check out ur build btw?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aem wideband, tial 38mm wastegate and 50mm blow off also on the build, tis gonnna be costly but its gonna be done right. do it once and do it right, not twice this is to exp to **** with garbage parts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
94VTEC2ToNE on Oct/03/07 said:
i like the ball bearing cause its gonna spool better than a journal.

That is not intirely true. There are journal bearing turboes out there that will spool just as fast, will not require a water line kit, and cost you less money.

Where are you hoping to have your powerband located?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
MrMoe on Oct/03/07 said:
Quote: 94VTEC2ToNE on Oct/03/07i like the ball bearing cause its gonna spool better than a journal.

That is not intirely true. There are journal bearing turboes out there that will spool just as fast, will not require a water line kit, and cost you less money.

Where are you hoping to have your powerband located?
It moreso helps the turbo to stay spooled when shifting so there is hardly any lag.. But on a journal bearing if you power shift you wont even tell the difference!

Any spray for your FMIC is only good on hot days when your FMIC becomes insufficient.. Which if your core is big enough shouldnt happen anyways unless it heat soakes 24/7.. then you have problems anyways.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
NX makes the N-tecooler which does the same thing, but condensed CO2 would be much cheaper and just as efficient. Btut like nate said, unless youre heatsoaking, its not really necessary. If you are heatsoking that bad, its time for a new front mount

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aight so the co2 sounds liek a waste, and i gues the ball bearing is more for between shifts then but i dont always powershift my ride daily drivin u know. i like the ball bearing it seems like it would last longer and is less common in our cars, correct me if im wrong. im gonna use a 350hp or so precision intercooler, that sufficient enough?

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
There's nothing uncommon about running a ball bearing turbo...don't do it to be different, do it because it fits your setup and goals better.

That intercooler, the 350 hp one, will be good to....350 hp. So the answer to your question is obvious, right?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
true if it will be good to 350hp or more effecient if i get a 600hp one or 500 hp intercooler, just wondering if ill max out the 350hp intercooler. would it be better for effiecently or spool to do it what actually the question. ball bearing sounds like its better for driving and if kept well will last longer, any body have anything to add?

·
Registered
479 Posts
its not just the ball bearings its the GT series wheels that make a great difference. when paired together they make a very efficient turbo. i have yet to see a journal bearing turbo spool nearly as fast as a true ball bearing GT series turbo, and still make the same top end power.

94vtec2tone we can make you a core of just about any size you want. to suite your goals. check here for a listing of garretts cores that are available to us:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Intercoolers/Intercoolers.htm

i think a 400ish core would be good for your setup, not too large still can support everything you intend to throw at it. maybe 18x7.9x3.5 or 24x6.3x3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.