Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I had a conversation with some kid last night and as usual the first thing I asked was "what do you drive?" He told me he used to have an Integra "SE". I have never heard of such an Integra. This kid said they made the SE from like 94-96 then replaced it with the GS. Can someone please clarify for me if they actually made this "SE" model, what years, and what it has for a motor/options if it does exist! Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Just an LS with leather and a spoiler, right? Wait a minute.... how does the SE differ from the GS? Perhaps the SE was replaced by the GS...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the SE was replaced with the GS, but was the SE available in 94-96? I am not familiar with 2nd generation integras and had never heard of the SE, but I am pretty familiar (or so I thought) with the third gens and had not heard of this SE edition.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand that they made the 2nd gen Integra SE, but did they make the 3rd gen (style 1) SE? Rading about the history, it sounds like they switched from the SE to the GS in 1997, but I have never seen or heard of a 94-96 SE.

Cory, sorry to hear about the stolen leather!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I could be wrong, but I always thought the SE was just the same as the RS.

(It could be different here in Canada)

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
The 3rd gen. The Se was replace by the Gs (it was after 1995) but the rear spoiler I think it was an option on the Se but its now standerd on the Gs also I think the wheels were changed up. Thats the only different I can think of between the Se and the Gs.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Spoiler was standard of every SE/GS. He might not have a spoiler because of a previous accident from the last owner or they may have taken it off because they liked it better that way. SE/GS is a GSR w/out the VTEC engine, which is why they named it GS and left out the R which would stand for racing such as in a B18C1 VTEC engine.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
MorningZ on Aug/27/02 said:
Quote: IntegraGirl57 on Aug/27/02but I have never seen or heard of a 94-96 SE.
does this mean that they don't exist?
answer: no

[/quote]
I just laughed for 2min after reading that. Well the reason you probably have never seen one is because they pretty much look like GSR's on the outside w/the same rims and leather although some GSR's did not come w/leather. Instead of the DOHC VTEC emblem there is a Special Edition emblem same size and color as the VTEC emblem

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
they aren't like secret integras or something and 94 is when the 3g started. This isn't like a mystery.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I have a '96 SE (Special Edition)

The SE's are bascially an LS engine with GS luxuries.. Spoiler, Sunroof, A/C, painted side moldings & side view mirrors, and 15" Mag rims vs the standard "14 Steelies with hub caps for the regular LS base model.

The Special Editions in '95 through '97 as far as I know also produced a limited amount of specialty metallic colours, "Black Currant" for instance which is the colour of my car.. a sort of purple/black metallic paint.. other colours were graphite grey and a deep forest metallic greens, those are what I am familar with, there are a few others.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts