Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a integra told it was timing belt, not problem.. Engine siezed... How good is the tranny? Its auto swap both or no? How many parts needed on top for swap... Or just do engine?
Needed cheap parts and labour... Takers? Could also use front bumper...
Fix or trade? Scrap?

All this under thousand bucks?

·
Registered
168 Posts

Edit:
I'll give this a go...

Bought a integra told it was timing belt, not problem.. Engine siezed... How good is the tranny? Its auto swap both or no? How many parts needed on top for swap... Or just do engine?
Needed cheap parts and labour... Takers? Could also use front bumper...
Fix or trade? Scrap?

All this under thousand bucks?
This is my attempt to translate:

I bought an Integra and was told [whatever problem was wrong with it] was due to a [bad or missing] timing belt -- but that wasn't it. The engine is siezed.
How good is the B-series transmission? I have an automatic transmission. Should I do a manual conversion and swap out the motor, or is that unneccesary in my situation? What parts are needed on top of what I already have to do a manual transmission swap? Do you think I should just replace my engine at this point and leave the tranny?
I could use some cheap parts and labor if anyone is interested in this project. I could also use a front bumper if anyone has one.
Do you think it's worth it to fix up? Or should I just get rid of it?
Can I do any of this for under $1000?

Now that we have that down, let me give some input.

What did you already check on the engine? Will it not turn over at all?
If you want to do a swap, you can buy a B20 for around $500. The only thing you will need then, is an LS intake manifold and an ECU. What engine do you have now?
If you are up for it, and already swapping the engine, I would do a manual transmission conversion as well. I have no experience in this, but there are some articles on what you need if you search the forum. If you were to pay someone to do an engine swap and manual conversion, you are looking at way over $1000. If you don't have the means to do it yourself, you may be out of luck if your budget is $1000. I'd hate to tell someone to get rid of a car, but you can get around $400 from a scrap yard, and with a $1000 on top of that, you will have $1400 to buy another Integra -- and probably find one that is running, has a front bumper, and already a manual at that. Unless you are ready for a project, I think that may be your best bet if you just need a car. You can do it for a $1000 but again, it will be difficult if you don't have tools, etc.
Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts