Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
check the weat sheild on the cat mine was rattleing too and i pulled that off and now it sounds like new again....

·
Registered
222 Posts
My R does the same thing at 3k rpms.. but it's more of a vibration across my door. I pay no attention to it. I end up shifting at 3k anyway. Listen for the vibration and shift! ;P

·
Registered
3 Posts
lol when i bought my teg it made that noise but it wasnt too bad. then after a few weeks it was incredibly loud. i thought something was seriously wrong. but the heat shield rotted and only 2 bolts were holding it down. (sounds like everybody has this problem)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hate little rattles. They drive me insane. Here's a secret to make them go away.. crank up the volume! w00t!

·
Registered
144 Posts
How did you guys know the problem was the cat heat shield? Cause mine rattles between 3-3.5k, and I went under the car and shook the exhaust and it didn't hit anything. Then my dad revved it to the rattle point while I was under the car, and I didn't see anything rattling/colliding. So I don't think that's the problem, but the rattle does bug me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
mine use to rattle but not no more....you might want to check that plastic/rubber shield or whatever you call it that is connected to the front oem bumer that covers the bottom...the screws could be loose...

just a thought....cause after I got mine back from the shop...it hangs and it annoys the hel* out of me...

Hotboi

·
Registered
577 Posts
Borndivinelike on Feb/03/06 said:
My car recently started rattling at 3,000 to 3,500 rpms then goes away any1 kno the problem.

do you run a aftermarket exhuast..? Your stock rubber hanger bushings have trouble holding up a aftermarket exhuasts due to in most cases a heavier exhuast. check back by where you b pipe meets you axelback I know my exhuast rattles at 3000 rpms back in that region.. A remedy to make your bushing resist stretching is to get a large screw adjustable hose clamp. With the exhuast off that bushing put the clamp around the perimeter of the bushing and tighten. When you have it snug, just put the metal hanger back in the bushing and this should help with sagging bushings. Good Luck...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.