Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All. My son races in a 4 cyl Pure Stock division with a 1994 Integra. It has a full cage, racing fuel cell, but a fully stock drive train. We had some good success last year (four thirds and 2 seconds), but I need to learn some performance tips to get a few more tenths out of this stock motor. It's a B18B1 out of a 96.

More pictures and info facebook.com/67BLR/ . Hit me up with questions on the car. I'll be searching around for perf tips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like fun -- we race a 92 Integra in Champcar with a stock B20.

I'm sure your rules are very restrictive but here are a few ideas, probably all illegal for your series

• port match intake
  • extrude hone intake
  • run a larger throttle body and port match it
  • port match exhaust
  • head work, open the bowls, polish
  • regrind cams
  • run thinner oil
  • chip and tune the ECU
  • ARP rod bolts and run a higher redline
  • deck the head
  • high compression pistons
None of these will do much on a stock drivetrain though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All good suggestions - but all but thinner oil, I think, wouldn't be legal. What about removing the airbox resonator, bigger injectors, plug recommendations, etc.?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure on your full list of rules, but the things you mentioned won’t do much without a tune. There’s a few companies that make DIY kits for tuning and sell software. Check out moates or xenoncron. There’s companies that make spherical bushings for suspension, try polyurethane, or replace all bushings with factory hard rubber. Boring out the block, balancing the crank. Under panel plates to reduce drag. Thicker sway bars. Look into factory lsd trannys. Crankcase ventilation/catch can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts