·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GS-R with 160k is asking $30k
<Rare Acura Integra GSR - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...>

This article has comments about it:
<Integra GS-R Appears on Craigslist with Insane Asking Price - Honda-Tech>
They say "...a 1999 Integra GS-R in Milano Red with only 47,000 original miles. It sold earlier this year for $17,550. At the time, we thought that was insane, but apparently, it was the deal of the century. That, or that Milano Red car is worth something like $50,000 now, right? "

Why prices are skyrocketing?
Will the price of LS/GS 4Dr follow this pattern?

·
Registered
375 Posts
All ships rise when the tide comes in. Cars in 2021 have gone up in price.
I can see how a pretty car like the 3 gen Integra will increase a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All ships rise when the tide comes in. Cars in 2021 have gone up in price.
I can see how a pretty car like the 3 gen Integra will increase a few hundred dollars.
So you see a few hundred $s. Ok
How they argue $17,550. .... that Milano Red car is worth something like $50,000 now?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I remember haggling with State Farm Mutual Ins., in 2008, when they totaled out my daughter's High School car.
They insisted that it was worth $13,300 and eventually raised its value, to $17,200. I bought it back, for $4,400.
I had shown them several e-bay auctions, auto trader advertisements, and documentation showing that not many were produced. They were having none of it, until I pointed them to the actual E-bay sales transactions, which were completed and auto trader's sales history, for the 2001 model.

Their point, as is my point, is that anybody and ask for any price that they want to, but a pattern of actual sales have to be established and evaluated.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
..... I bought it back, for $4,400.
How does it work with insurance Incs?
Once they wanted to total my gen 1 after a theft - I argued and it was not. They gave me their estimate for repair.
I put the money in the bank and got parts here and there and used it for another 7-10yrs or sol

I do not know what Geico would have paid me if totalled - this also means car would carry a salvage title.

What is the best way to go in these cases?

·
Registered
375 Posts
1st you need to be in a wreck.
2. Have the wreck towed to a body shop.
3. File a claim with your Ins Co.
4. Call the Ins Claims Dept twice each week, until they tell you that the car is being totaled.
5. Ask them how much money to buy it back. It will be between 10 & 25% of what they say they're going to get you, for the claim.
6. Tow it home.
My ins said they would write me a check for $17,200, they subtracted $4,400, and I towed it home.
I spent about $6,500 to bring it back.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
See post #4 (above), paragraph 3.
Cool, "actual E-bay sales transactions, which were completed and auto trader's sales history, for the 2001 model. "
Way to go, Thanks

I tried a G3 Auto on eBay - only two came up and the price has been crossed - so real sold price is unknown.

How do u goto the auto trader's sales history - search engines could not find what I am looking for?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Everything was done online, with no human interaction.
How are you supposed to know how much to ask, for your car, when you sell it on Auto Trader or E-Bay?
You pretend that you have a car for sale and that you don't know how to price it.
You start an advertisement and after several steps, you'll have an option to set a price or to see history of the sales of cars like yours. Print that history. Eventually, Auto Trader will want you to pay for the pretend add that you have set up. That's when you close out and don't advertise anything.
You do the same with e-bay.
When I did this in 2008, a few Integras had sold from $17,200 to $22,000.
Your proof might not be there, because Integras are not prevalent anymore, but you could practice by pretending to sell a 2012 Mustang.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
....You start an advertisement and after several steps, you'll have an option to set a price or to see history of the sales of cars like yours. Print that history.
Perhaps its no longer available.
I tried and it came to the pricing page - it says "powered by KBB" and gives me prices but not historical data as is the case with house prices.

KBB's retail average price was what CarMax offered me on their web. I am not trying to sell but was curious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bring a trailer has been a great barometer i've used to assess Integra values. GSRs alone seem to have gone up 50-80% in value over the past 2 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts