Team Integra Forums banner

Integra LS Touge/Time Attack (Minnesota)

8K views 35 replies 6 participants last post by  Absolute_Yeti 
#1 ·
This weekend I picked up my new project, an Integra LS ('95) auto to build a Touge/Time Attack car for racing at Brainerd International Raceway here in Minnesota. I've also had a thing for the integras since I was in Elementary school and Middle school and kind of reinforced my want for one when the original Fast and the Furious came out and Ja Rule's and Mia's integras (among a few background ones) were racing about. I'm coming from a VW/Jeep/HyundaiKia background working on cars with varying levels of mods on the misc vehicles I've had over the years. The most recent two being my 2012 Veloster NA and my 71 VW Fastback (type 3) restoration project.

Back to the Integra:

It's a 1995 100% stock (radio, wheels, engine, everything down to the Acura Customer car care Cassette tape with Whitney Houston music) Automatic Coupe that is a bit Crusty from spending it's whole life in Illinois and recently brought to minnesota by the PO last year.

2019 plan:
Fix years of neglected maintenance (oil, trans ATF, plugs/wires/cap/rotor, brakes, belts, DEEP CLEAN of upholstery)
Weight in at BIR to see what i'm missing for passing tech inspection and get a starting weight of the car and lap time.

Beyond plan:
If the chassis isn't beyond saving, rust repair, sealing paint and vinyl wrap.
work towards competitively improving my best lap times and build as balanced of a street legal track car as i can muster.

See less See more
#29 ·
not much of an update but I took the IACV valve apart to clean it out and it was packed with sludge as well as some of the vacuum lines. car runs and idles better now but still idles high (1200-1500). I also listed it up for sale to see if there was any interest in it now that i'm out of garage space again. about a week ago i won a 68 VW beetle in a raffle that was California restored I decided to keep which pushed the integra outside for now. If it doesn't sell before the end of June I'll weld in some rough patch panels to keep critters and weather out of the car until i have time and space to tube chassis the front and back of the car for just a fun rip around car. SCCA racing I'll be continuing to use my veloster since it's not a battle to keep it safety teched from race to race.

#30 ·
Ended up partially fixing the rear brakes today and accidentally ripped the fender wells in half on the test drive because i forgot to fasten them to the bumper... I also took it down for sale today, too many people shocked that a car going for a grand in Minnesota had rust. I have a half baked idea of turning it into a local city cruise around car/dune cart. we'll see, for now it gets to sit under a tree while i finish up other projects. anticlimactic end to this project.

#31 ·
cool hatch

dude in all my 15 years of owning integras i have never seen that hatch before, and when i did i felt like wayne when he sees the guitar. it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7jJnwEeiU0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#32 ·
Hey to get rotor off your dizzy just unplug the 2 connection so you don't have spark and then get a friend to look while you turn the key until he screw lines up in the slot or groove area so you can fit the screw driver down nicely on the screw head. Hope that helps. That what I did got.gf to watch did it first try. Cheers.

#33 ·
I'll give that a shot this weekend when it's back in the garage.

After about 30 or so bad offers on my Craigslist/facebook marketplace ads I gave up on selling it so I'm pulling it into the garage this weekend to hash out suspension, pan gasket, oil change, coolant flush and maybe start planning the next steps for the car.

#34 ·
I don't have any pictures currently but I started cutting away the rotten quarter panels, spare tire well and later this week should be welding in plates and bar between the rear strut towers. Progress has been slower due to being sick for the last week and being on vacation the week before that.

Ultimately I decided I might have the windshield pulled so i can sell it and run a roadster/challenger style windshield and pull the roof. Project is rapidly degrading to Shartcart/deathcart due to the sheer amount of rust on the upper part of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.