Team Integra Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
My buddy instructs at the DCTC events. He’s a solid dude that runs his SI on courses. If I ever see you around those events I’ll stop by.
Should definitively see me at any of the Land O' Lake events and probably some of the Wisconsin region events (watching). I'm still hunting down brake caliper carriers that are rebuildable for this Sunday but may or may not get things done in time for the event.

After some more digging I found a list of potential donors, I'll be heading back to Upull after work today to try my luck at finding at least one (if not two) sets of brakes to rebuild. (92-95 EX/SI, 96-00 DelSol Vtec, 96-00 EX, 99-00 Si, Integra 94-00). I also have a full set of replacement engine and trans bushings coming via amazon that should arrive on Friday, kit was the closest thing i could find (manual transmission kit) on short notice and should have at least 3-4 correct bushings of the 5. bumper clips I ordered won't be here until after the event and were shipping from china so i'll be temporarily throwing some bolts and washers in to hold things together for now.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Ended up driving my Veloster during the Novice Autocross event on Sunday but still really enjoyed it. ended up shaving off 12 seconds from my slowest time to my fastest time 59.9 to 47.7.

Still working away on the integra to get it safe to drive around to cars and coffee and eventually some practice events with Minnesota Autosports Club (MAC) later this spring. Replaced the sagging driver's door hinges, reassembled the wiper cowl and wipers, aligned the fenders a bit better, replaced 3 of the 5 engine mounts so far and ordered a Hondash module from https://www.hondash.net/ so I can get some detailed feedback on how the car is operating post-overhaul. Engine surging went away as well on it's own, not quite sure what it ended up being or if the cold was just gumming up the IACV and the warmer weather it's not sticking anymore. idk.
Picture of one of the mounts in all it's glory, only about 145k on this one.

Discussion starter · #24 · (Edited)
Not too much to report on the integra recently. I have still been unable to find a used Nissin OEM caliper carrier or set of them without the calipers not that I've been looking too hard. I still have a pile of front end suspension parts to install, fluids to flush and a full set of Brakes to rebuild for piece of mind. Next Point event for auto cross is in a few weeks but we'll see if i have time to make it due to work. I've just been working on restoration on the Fastback (VW) for the last few days while i wait on parts to arrive.

Just to remind myself later:
-a/c delete
-cruise control delete
-spare, jack and iron removed
- rear trunk cover and mat removed
- hub caps removed
- half down removing sound deadning from trunk (goopy from quart of oil leaking in trunk)
remove antenna motor
remove back seat
add harness bar OR 4pt roll bar

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Picked up a few more cheap parts that popped up locally and finally received my Chinese bumper clips and my Hondash bluetooth module. The bumper clips came in a pack of 20 for the price of one Honda Genuine clips but at the expense of waiting for them to arrive from China. On the other hand my Hondash module from Slovakia came in half the time.

Blox sway bar (assuming direct bolt onto factory trailing arms) and hatch will go in this weekend once i figure out what to do about the lack of a 3rd brake light mounting spot on the glass. Center console and shifter bezel I already cleaned up and installed. Door panels were free and matched the center console so i grabbed them as spares. I suspect the spoiler mounting holes in the hatch were probably also the 3rd brake light at some point so I'm looking into if it was the GSR or another spoiler that was originally mounted.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Well I finally found a single supplier of integra quarter panels (new) but the damage was pretty bad. I'm thinking later tonight of trying to use the door skin from some old doors i have to hand fabricate a few patches at this point to keep things structural until I find inexpensive replacement panels (new/old). I did hear somewhere, that i'm struggling to find today, that a honda might have similar enough panels to try. Otherwise, Yesterday I gutted the interior up to the dash board to clean and hunt down the disgusting cotton candy smell. Found 3 vent air fresheners leaking between the driver seat and the seat rail. Ended up tossing the carpet and started reassembling things. Tonight's game plan is to install the new hatch, trim the front fender well shields to fit with the facelift bumper and play around with patch panels. Pictures will come a little later.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Didn't get as far as I would have liked this weekend on the integra since the weather was nice enough to get some landscaping projects started. But I finished installing the new Hatch and removing some wiring for the wiper motor and heated rear glass. I also ended up gutting the interior after all to chase down the awful smell which turned out to be literally bong water soaked carpet and 3 leaking air vent fresheners they tried pouring on the stain smh. So not much left of the interior except a few pieces from other cars and a few original pieces I plastidipped black so i don't have to buy them.

I did however remove the rear bumper and lower tail light trim to get an understanding of how much rust repair I would be tackling in the quarter panels and found the rear bumper had been hit fairly hard as well. Thankfully the frame rails measured straight and the bumper bars that hold it to the car were still parallel as well so I'm just going to fabricate a replacement bumper bar and bumper hanger out of some tube steel.

Driver side pockets were solid on the sides but not the bottom (under the leaking wiper motor, who knew) but should patch up easily.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
So I don't know why I like this but with a spare rear hatch laying around, a project that is scope creeping like crazy and wanting to learn how to lay glass I decided that l might try to make a replica Z Spec rear hatch with a Erebuni RX7 FC style Spoiler.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
not much of an update but I took the IACV valve apart to clean it out and it was packed with sludge as well as some of the vacuum lines. car runs and idles better now but still idles high (1200-1500). I also listed it up for sale to see if there was any interest in it now that i'm out of garage space again. about a week ago i won a 68 VW beetle in a raffle that was California restored I decided to keep which pushed the integra outside for now. If it doesn't sell before the end of June I'll weld in some rough patch panels to keep critters and weather out of the car until i have time and space to tube chassis the front and back of the car for just a fun rip around car. SCCA racing I'll be continuing to use my veloster since it's not a battle to keep it safety teched from race to race.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Ended up partially fixing the rear brakes today and accidentally ripped the fender wells in half on the test drive because i forgot to fasten them to the bumper... I also took it down for sale today, too many people shocked that a car going for a grand in Minnesota had rust. I have a half baked idea of turning it into a local city cruise around car/dune cart. we'll see, for now it gets to sit under a tree while i finish up other projects. anticlimactic end to this project.

cool hatch

dude in all my 15 years of owning integras i have never seen that hatch before, and when i did i felt like wayne when he sees the guitar. it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7jJnwEeiU0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey to get rotor off your dizzy just unplug the 2 connection so you don't have spark and then get a friend to look while you turn the key until he screw lines up in the slot or groove area so you can fit the screw driver down nicely on the screw head. Hope that helps. That what I did got.gf to watch did it first try. Cheers.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Hey to get rotor off your dizzy just unplug the 2 connection so you don't have spark and then get a friend to look while you turn the key until he screw lines up in the slot or groove area so you can fit the screw driver down nicely on the screw head. Hope that helps. That what I did got.gf to watch did it first try. Cheers.
I'll give that a shot this weekend when it's back in the garage.

After about 30 or so bad offers on my Craigslist/facebook marketplace ads I gave up on selling it so I'm pulling it into the garage this weekend to hash out suspension, pan gasket, oil change, coolant flush and maybe start planning the next steps for the car.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
I don't have any pictures currently but I started cutting away the rotten quarter panels, spare tire well and later this week should be welding in plates and bar between the rear strut towers. Progress has been slower due to being sick for the last week and being on vacation the week before that.

Ultimately I decided I might have the windshield pulled so i can sell it and run a roadster/challenger style windshield and pull the roof. Project is rapidly degrading to Shartcart/deathcart due to the sheer amount of rust on the upper part of the car.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.