Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i did all sorts of research from this forum and other forums on the web to figure out whats up with my integra. I recently did a auto to manual swap in it and the vehicle turns over but has a bad idle. When I try to drive it and come to a stop shes dies immediately. I have checked for vacuum leaks and i have taken the throttle body off detail the inside including the fitv and the iacv. There is white smoke coming from the back not sure if that any help just proving everything I noticed. Also another issue is my speedometer isnt working either it use to work back when it was auto and i have tried already 2 different speed sensors. Below is everything that is in the vehicle.
97 Acura Integra(I think its a LS)
b20b
S80 manual transmission
p06 ecu(Has a chipped installed)
MSD Cap and rotor(the distributor is OBD2)
440cc Blox injectors(The chip I purchased was tuned for these injectors)
Has check engine light on but my scanner is unable to communicate with the ecu.

·
Registered
22 Posts
White smoke is a sign of a coolant mixing with oil, I.e. leaking head gasket. As far as the Speedo not working, try switching the plug, I know there’s two plugs from the automatic harness that are identical bc I had the same problem when I manual swapped my 99’ LS. I hooked up the wrong plug to the speed sensor and it didn’t work. Switched to the other plug and it worked. I’m still chasing down an intermittent no crank issue since making the swap.

I’m not familiar with the B20 personally, but the first thing I would check is ignition timing.

Scanner not being able to communicate with the ECU also sounds suspect, could be other underlying issues. Any problems with the b20 prior to the swap? Check your ground connections also. Bad grounds are one of the most common things that cause problems after any swap. The white smoke is not a good sign though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts