Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of painting the "integra" indents on the front and back bumper. But I am kinda worried that I am gonna mess up. Does anyone have any ideas or methods that work for painting this? And has anyone done this before?

Plus, I got a forest green teg, and was wondering what color would look best if I painted the letters...white, gunmetal...any ideas?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Don't paint it!!!!!
Use Vinyl, it's easier to redo it if messed up.
Plus if you ever want to go back to stock...it only takes an exacto knife and 5 minutes.

Here's mine
Vinyl...cost $6 total

sorry for the poor quality pic, But that's all I have on file at the moment

·
Registered
938 Posts
list of items needed to do this mod.
-1 12"x12" sheet of Vinyl
-cotton swab or clean soft rag + Rubbing Alcohol
-Hair drier or Heat Gun
-Exacto Knife w/ fresh blade
-1 bright light for up close working conditions
-1 hour of free time, steady hand and Patience

1)Clean the area with rubbing alcohol and make sure there is no lint left behind.

2)After area is dry...cut a small 1"x1" piece of Vinyl and lay it over the first letter

3)Use the heat gun/hair dryer to slightly soften up the vinyl while rubbing the material into the corners and groves of the indentation.

4)Carefuly take the Exacto knife and slowly follow the outside groves of the indented letter.

5)after you have the whole letter cut out....slowly peel the left over vinyl off the bumper.......And There you have it!!...one letter done. Heh

it took me about 1.5 hours to do both front and back INTEGRA logo's
once you get the hang of the process....It's a snap rest of the way.
Good Luck!

-Jeff

·
Registered
938 Posts
BTW: It'll never look 100% perfect up close, (mine doesn't)But don't get discouraged..It looks sweet when 1 foot+ away, You'll never be able to tell if there's any flaws unless eye to eye.

What do you want for $6?
Hehe

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thats what i was thinking of doing, or using masking tape for the letters...

Maybe use the masking tape where you described putting the vynal and use the masking tape letters to make some sort of stensle... I dont know, i had the idea a while ago, got me some free vynal from the links I've seen floating arount TI and plan to do it soon now that the weather is turning nice *Knock on wood*

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.