Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy an integra ls but all the clean ones in my price range are automatic. I was wondering how much it would cost to convert it to manual or if you can do anything to improve the automatic transmission on a budget?

·
Administrator
3,819 Posts
Can a conversion be done? Yes. Is it economical? Not really. When purchasing a manual transmission, you're relying on the seller that there's nothing wrong with it. They're also going to run $500-$800 for the transmission alone. This doesn't include all the other necessary items required to do the conversion.

As far as improving the automatic transmission, I assume you're referring to upgrades for them to handle more power. Again, not cost effective. You're investing money that yields no increase in power, only reliability. Manual b-series transmissions can typically handle 500ft-lbs of torque (rough estimate). That can equate to 750-800whp for a stock manual transmission (not including the need to upgrade the clutch).

The most cost effect option would be to find a vehicle that already has a manual transmission.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive done a rebuild an stall on mine an it pulls just as hard as most sticks but to each his own most 5 speed integras have had the balls ran out of them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts