Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm worried about my Integra it started making rough engine noise.
I drove it home from work and it stalled twice as I was trying to park it in the driveway. I thought it was strange but I do have low clutch fluid at the moment.

I added some oil this morning and let it run in the driveway. I drove it tonight and it started making rough noise in the engine bay. The car has 199,000 miles I have done valve clearance before at a shop. How often should I do that? Could it be time for new accessory belts, timing belt, water pump? I did those at 141,000 miles. I did notice a new oil leak next to the engine block on the left side.

If anyone has any advice or insight on what this may be please let me know. Heres a youtube video link of the noise. The car usually turns on and starts like a normal integra with no noises. Now it starts like this.

Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/scQrJ8s-EUw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Administrator
3,835 Posts
Yikes, that almost sounds like rod-knock

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes, that almost sounds like rod-knock
I was really worried and imagined it to be rod knock too. I took the car to the shop and it’s a loose crankshaft pulley so far. The mechanic said the screw was going to fall off soon. I didn’t chance it and I got towed there.

I’ll get the car back in the afternoon today so I’ll see how it runs from there.
Valve cover gasket and distributor o-ring getting replaced too because of oil leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts