Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Awesome read. Started from the beginning. GL with your plans and keep building.
Thanks for the inspiration jae_rex! I have so much to update I don't even know where to start! I ended up working on the teg til 1am last night.. :) it's been a busy winter for me, I've been GRINDING to get parts for the teg and I can't wait to finally start getting parts on the car *spoiler* (as well as ripping it apart) :) it's hard to find time to work on the teg between working 35 hours a week, going to college full time, having a dog and a girlfriend (Who needs SLEEP?!?!?). Hopefully I can put in more hours since school is coming to an end for me soon here!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I also wanna take a moment to give a HUGE shoutout to @MorningZ and @MeltMan. Every article I've looked up/used seems to be authored by them! Team-Integra would not be same wealth of knowledge without these fellas! I also wanna thank @drmix and @justYncredible (hope I spelled that right) for helping me here and there with my build!

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
I feel bad for all you guys having to wait every year to use their cars lol. In4 updates
yeah it truly does suck. ive been down for a minute, but i have to do a head gasket change tomorrow so hopefully thatll change.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi everyone, I feel bad for holding out on you guys but it will be worth it!! Waiting to use an HD camera to take pics of interior as well as shots of the exterior. More parts have been ordered!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
"Finished" interior pics
-some pictures got a lttle washed out.. sorry about that.

I plan on changing the headliner at some point

Here's some pictures of cracked panels on the interior. I've been thinking about removing everything behind the front 2 seats since I don't drive with people in the car anyways.. hmmmmmm.

Some pics to show the current state of the paint. Its the worst up top on the roof where it is incredibly faded and looks like its almost intentionally painted matte black lol. There's also some chipping just under the rear windows on both sides. It was also keyed when I bought it, not sure if you guys can see it its on the drivers side. Hoping to maybe take a shot at painting it myself in the future!

My tires are badddddd right now. The car handles like absolute dog sh*t right now lol, future plans are gonna help take care of that ;]

On to the good stuff here :popcorn:

Took this one so you can see the flake in my valve cover

Pile of parts I was saving over the winter. Got a killer deal on some blades. $250 w/ center caps included. I'm going to be polishing these myself. Another big ticket item I bought was HardRace Motor Mounts. Can't wait to slap those in my current mounts are shot..

The worst scratch on the rims

The garage where she is stored and worked on. Not sure if this will be adequate for a painting booth.. Sorry its so messy right now, that's what you get for letting people use your tools..... They never put them back!!!

Very limited tools.. need to expand in that department. Would sure make my life a lot easier!

Unfortunately while I was scrolling on of my Facebook groups the other day I stumbled upon this. The guy that I traded the teg to said that he sold the shell to someone that was going to make it a wide body.. so much for that. RIP teg!!

I ordered a new set of shoes to go on the blades about a week ago they should be coming in soon. I went with 205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE71's. I got a deal locally through a buddy that works at a tire shop. Also getting them mounted for free from another buddy that works at the Nissan Dealership. Hopefully I can get him to do an alignment as well. Another thing I'm super stoked about - I have the money saved up to purchase full coilovers. I've decided on Koni yellows/Ground Control coilovers. Going to place my order in a few days here.

I want this teg to be a weekend warrior as well as autox. I'm starting to get the boost bug... After I get it handling like a beast I want to fully go through my turbo setup. Lately I've been on the fence of changing turbo manifolds to a mini-ram or something similar such as a quick4. What I want - quick spool, some top end (obviously sacrificing this for quick spool), power steering capable (want to keep PS for autox) and compressor placement away from the block as much as possible. My HP goals are somewhere between 350-400 for now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hit image limit of last post :biggrin: - some of my favorite shots from the photoshoot

Dat Ass :wink:

I'm starting to really love my 94-97 bumpers!

Can't wait to ditch this downpipe..

In the last post I forgot to mention my eventual plans for the interior.
-New headliner
-Leather seats
-New climate control (temp control is broken)
-Missing bolts for steering column cover since iI didn't have one before..
-Maybe remove rear interior pieces?

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Picked up these bad boys today :icon_twisted:

Right now I have a lot of parts to install and no time to put them in... Can't wait to free up a little bit of my time when school is over so I can work on the teg. I've already asked for a couple weekends off in May just to work on it.

I called Ground Control today and talked with a rep -Dustin- who was very helpful. He's going to be putting an estimate together for me today. :biggrin: Lead times are a lot smaller than I expected, only 1-2 weeks. I can't remember where I read it but I read that lead times could sometimes be months. Dustin said all the parts to build my setup should be in stock.

I expressed to him what I use the car for and what I'm looking for hoping he could shed some light spring rates. I'm thinking that I want to go with spring rates around 400~lbs, slightly stiffer than stock and not too much overkill. I plan on dropping the car ~1.5 maybeeee 2 inches. Well see what spring rates he suggests when I get the estimate later today.
A couple things to consider about the new suspension - probably (hopefully) wont need aftermarket camber kits in the front with only a 1.5-2" drop. Need to plan if I'm going to upgrade my rear sway bar before I put in the order for the suspension... so far thinking that Im going to stick with the stock GS-R sway (have Eibach front ARB). A couple things I did forget to mention to Dustin was my HP goal of 350-400 and that I would like to have neutral steer if possible but otherwise would like to lean more towards under steer since this is going to be mostly a street car.

Any opinions/suggestions always welcome :p
Next steps - polish the blades and mount new meaty tires, install those motor mounts, drink brews :beer:and step back and admire :biggrin:
i'm unsure of what size your current downpipe is, but it looks like a 5 bolt flange and if you're looking for a 2.5" downpipe replacement this one is designed to work with your manifold. it also allows you to put back on your ac system, i know it gets really hot up in Minnesota during the summers. :smile:

SRE 2 5" Turbo Downpipe Blox B Series Turbo Manifold Honda Civic Acura Integra | eBay
Hey buddy thanks for posting the link! My downpipe is indeed a 5 bolt but I believe it's a 3" connected to a 3" custom catless exhaust. The downpipe is realllyyyyy bad - it's leaky as all hell the main problem for my exhaust leaks right now not to mention how much it sticks out underneath as you can see in some of the pics I posted..

However since right now I'm planning on changing my manifold I'm going to just wait to get a new downpipe with my new manifold and etc etc. Funds are tight since I just dropped like $2k into the wheels/suspension :redface:

Very informative post. Thanks !
No problem I try to be as descriptive as I can!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just received the quote. Total is $1138 and looks like he chose spring rates of 440/350. Not sure exactly which one is for the front and rear but I'm taking a guess and saying 440 for the front and 350 for rear.

any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I got my coilovers today!!

I went with the Pewter upper mounts.

I can't wait to throw these in, but first I need to get my blades and new tires on the car. The blades have been sent with my friend to take the old tires off. When I get them back I'm going to sand em down and polish them, then have the the new tires thrown on so I don't mess up my new tires while polishing the rims.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Progress on the Teg!

Right now I have multiple projects going on -
Reworking my turbo setup
Motor mounts
Polishing the Blades

I've had so much fun pulling my turbo setup apart and learning how everything is put together and works! Besides thoroughly cleaning I have been replacing missing and broken bolts as well as gaskets. I was missing exhaust bolts and I even had a downpipe bolt broke off in the turbo :frown: I just brought the turbo into the shop today to have it removed. Bought all new SS bolts and will be using anti-seize lube this time around...
Im hoping all of this will get rid of all my exhaust leaks, may still have a leak in the flex piping on the downpipe.. I also got a new oil return line that should help put my mind at ease!

I'm still quite unsure which turbo I have. I found a Precision stamp on it after pulling it, which is good news. I had a fear it may have been an ebay turbo.. All I know about it right now is that it is .60 AIR and .63 AR. No part numbers on it all...?

I was having problems with a small oil leak from the top of the motor, thinking it was coming from the valve cover gasket, so I replaced it. From what I can tell the inside of the head looks really good, especially for 100k. It looks practically new, even though my ****ty cell phone pic may say otherwise :rolleyes:

The motor mounts took a couple friends and some extra tools that I didn't have.. It's good to have friends! :wink: The post mount was in the roughest shape and after checking out all my mounts I can see why... No torque mounts!! Wtf!!I was completely missing all the hardware for the torque mounts, I'm in the process of tracking down the brackets and bolts. I cannot wait to actually "feel" my motor, reduce wheel hop and keep it from hitting my hood!! Lol!

Polishing the Blades have been a PITA.. I've already put about 30 hours into them and expect another 30-40 until they are done. Repairing them was the most time consuming part and they weren't even really that bad. It definitely doesn't help that I'm hand sanding them! Im currently at 600 grit with them and going all the way up to 2000. So far each stage of sandpaper takes me an hour per wheel. I'll be painting the insides metallic charcoal and a high gloss over the entire thing.

Here are some pictures after the repairs and at 220 grit

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
I think my turbo is an SC model from precision but I'm really not sure.. Does anyone have a clue what turbo this is?!??

I think it may be a T3 SC60 5 bolt .63 ar...?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Sub'd liking all the progress keep up the good work.
Thanks man I only wish I had more time and money to dedicate to this car!

I've ordered a digital caliper from harbor freight to help me on my quest to finding out what turbo I have!

I'm hoping that the car will be driveable by the time school starts in the end of August!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I understand the time and money issue I've had my own project sitting idle since I broke my lower ball joint and crushed my fender. I replaced the ball joint and got a new fender just haven't had much time to mess with the car been looking through threads like yours for motivation. So Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Unfortunately I haven't finished up any of my projects yet but I'm making huge steps to a quality teg! I'm satisfied with the work I've done so far, even though it may take me forever :rolleyes:

Almost done with the blades... I'm at 1500 grit with them. Here's what they look like so far.

After all the work I've put into them, I've decided that I do want to powdercoat them. I was originally planning on spraying them myself, but after I've put in this much work....... I never want to do it again to say the least. Hopefully the powdercoating will last a looooong time. Should be done and taking them in in about a week.

Since the turbo setup was off I decided to really scrub the block. I'm also working on tucking the engine bay as much as possible while I have everything out.

Im having to redo my oil return after finding this.

Here is the current oil return flange I have...

As you can see the flange is circular where as the turbo oil outlet is square. I think this is whats causing me to smoke. I'll be waiting until the parts come in the mail to reassemble everything. I'm thinking with my new return line setup I shouldn't have any smoking issues anymore.

I finally got my digital caliper in the mail from harbor freight, $20, not bad! Anyways, got around to pulling the turbo apart.

Here's what I found out -
Inducer - 53.85
Exducer - 76.20
= ~50 trim turbo.

What I know about the turbo -
-Journal bearing Precision
-50 trim
-.63 a/r
-5 bolt
-T3

Looks like I have a Precision SC50. Quite a difference from the 6262 I was told it was.

41 - 60 of 142 Posts