Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. New to this site, grand to be here. I am about to spend money and wanted some advice. I am thinking about buying a Comptech Ice Box and their (or a K&N) air filter and then down the road a few months, (after I earn enough cash) getting the short ram. Will just the Ice Box and filter work well with everything else stock, and is the Ice Box the best idea? Ok, thanks a bunch. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Hey! And welcome to Team-Integra! I'm your host tonight - LT6916!

To answer your question, the Comptech Ice Box is the best of both worlds. It combines a short ram intake system to a cold-air intake with a fresh-out-the-factory look. You can use your existing intake tube and put the Ice Box on the end. its all good.

Oh and by the way! Team-Integra is full of information just waiting to be seen! Check out the Articles and the search fuction to your left. If you have a question check those out first and then ask on the boards. It will save you time and be less hassle! Enjoy your stay!

-Lawrence
aka LT6916 (Moderator)

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
The icebox will indeed work better than your current OE setup. You're right in planning to get the Comptech short ram intake to complement the icebox down the road. The short ram's high flow foam filter will increase airflow to your engine and the polished tube will help smooth out the turbulent air as it enters your engine.

The comptech intake system is also nice because it greatly reduces the risk of water ingestion by the engine vs. other cold air induction systems (ex: AEM or Injen)

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have the Icebox, it is very good. the only downside is that it is very quiet. AEM is the only other intake i would consider, i think I feel more gain out of the ice box though

·
Registered
713 Posts
getting an icebox is a good decision, but check out the article on building your on intake... you can make one yourself that's better that Icebox or AEM and will only cost you about $50.

·
Registered
90 Posts
With the AEM CAI which is better the polished or non-polished?
why does it matter? (or does it?)

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
The icebox is a CAI...so what are you advising?

The Icebox uses the cold air drawn up but has the stock layout...the Icebox comes in 2 components: the Box to draw up the cold air and a short ram that fits inside the box. You can use the stock intake short ram part now and upgrade that part with a larger diameter later...

why do you advise him to wait?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts