Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Superchargers prefer Short ram intakes with a wide diameter.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Mmm yes I'm just figuring this one out myself. My CAI was custom modified to fit to the charger, BUT since it has been raining lately and my filter has been soaked AHHHHH little by little the water shoots up in my new ls/vtec jrsc engine and causes sputtering and hesistation, so yes it can fit, but like the moderators said I don't reccommend it. I'm now looking for a 3" SRI. LOL.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What engine with what supercharger do you have? Jackson Racing and Comptech both make intakes that shoudl bolt up to the throttle body where the SC puts it without modifying. Good Luck. 3" would be a geat diameter for it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
TheFifthSpeed on Apr/01/04 said:
Quote: austinxtreme512 on Apr/01/04how about turbos? The intake on a car with turbo? Really the only intake is the intercooler piping hooked to the throttle body other than that the only filter is off of the turbo itself.
Well, there usually is some sort of short piping from the turbo to the filter, but yeah.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i went to comptech and there was a thing for 200 dollars that said that it was for supercharged gsrs and type rs but there was also another one for 169 that looked like the icebox and it said that it didnt suck up water so can someone tell me which one is better.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The intake and Ice box are two different things. You have to get the intake. The Ice Box is extra.

JR does have a version for the SC setup. only you won't be able to find it on their regular website because its a closeout item. Look in the web specials section. Its selling for $129.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The Ice box is only an atachment. It doesn't make the Short ram a CAI. Its still a short ram, just with a stock box cover looking like item.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just buy a 3 short ram intake tube. Cut out the bottom of the stock airbox and get bigger piping for the induction that goes underneath car. Then make the hole bigger to connect the tube to and put a k&n in there.

or....

get a ebay 3 short ram intake and get a better filter and take off the stock airbox.

PS. Im still deciding on which one I want to do. I think I want to do the fisrt setup because it will most likely be quiter and will get cooler air which will help a little.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.