Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
duckie on Feb/06/04 said:
i believe its on the top of the throttle bottle itself. correct me if im wrong please.

yes...the MAF is on top of the throttle body.

Quote: tegRS97 on Feb/06/04 can you guys post a picture with an arrow?, because i have no idea where it is?
do you know where the throttle body is? its right on top of it...cant miss it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
k what sensor are you talkjnig about? there's the Intake air temp sensor if that's what you're talking about? it's on the actual intake manifold runners 1 or 2. I can't rememebr which. and yes as previously stated. your MAP sensor is on top of the throttlbe doy. it's black. the intake air temp sensor(IAT) is usualyl a tanish white colour.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Tchleung on Feb/06/04 said:
k what sensor are you talkjnig about? there's the Intake air temp sensor if that's what you're talking about? it's on the actual intake manifold runners 1 or 2. I can't rememebr which. and yes as previously stated. your MAP sensor is on top of the throttlbe doy. it's black. the intake air temp sensor(IAT) is usualyl a tanish white colour.
yea the MAP stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure and if this goes sensor goes bad..so does alot of other things..and also there is a TPS or throttle posistion sensor that is black on the left side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i have an acura integra 1997 rs and i think my intake temp sensor is gray. ok so the gray plugs in horizontal and the other black plug, which is farther down the manifold, is plugged in vertically. which one is the intake temp sensor?

·
Registered
207 Posts
k whaaaat. Your intake air tempp sensor is physically on the intake manifold runners(the long tubes off the head that connect the the main body of the intake manifold)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok the intake manifold has a big cylinder tube and four small tubes branch off of it,and to to the pistons. is the air intake temp sensor on one of the four tubes? or is it on the big cylinder?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
the IAT sensor is located on the #4 runner (if looking towards the engine in front of the car counting left to right) it is located about 1/2 way down the #4 runner.

·
Registered
207 Posts
sicne you use "tubes" I'll sue that term to make it easier. yes, the intake temp sensor is on the small tubes(The 4 tuebs coming off the main tube) and the sensor will be about middle way down on the very far right tube. it'll have a 2 wires comnig off it which are most likely covered in black wrap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts