Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, its been raining like hell where I live all day, so when I got home.. I popped the hood to make sure my filter was nice and dry didnt want no water to get into the engine I noticed... that my intake pipe, where it bolts down so it cant move got ripped off and now there's a hole in my pipe right by the filter.. is this anything to worry about? or should I take the whole thing off and get a new one?
This was taken when the pipe was connected together, Don't have a digital camera right now because my friend went out of town so.. any help would be greatly appreciated on what I should do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Edit: The circle I made is where It broke off from, now there's a whole there.. Should I replace the whole intake right now, because obviously im going to need to get a new one anyway, but is it something I have to jump on like right now will it be ok with the hole in it? it still runs fine, my main question is will it hurt my engine? if so i'll replace it like tommoro.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Actually, if you could duct tape something a bit more solid over the hole, that would probably be better. You know, something like a thin sheet of hard plastic or metal. Just curve it to macth the shape of the tube, and then tape it in place.

This is just a temporary fix till your new intake comes in ...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i saw the title of the thread...and the first thing that came to my mind was duct tape. apparently i was beaten to it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol I'm not really sure I want to suck the duct tape into the intake manifold :| But I guess I should take a hard plastic or something like that like someone above suggested.. Anyone else have a problem simmalir to this? It's an Injen intake, just wondering if its one of them fluke things or if its happened to other people.. ( So I can deicide if I want to go with Aem or Injen again)

Oh and Also the intake was used, not sure if that could have anything to do with it? But I just thought i'd throw that in there.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
RaptorBOV on Sep/10/07 said:
lol I'm not really sure I want to suck the duct tape into the intake manifold :| But I guess I should take a hard plastic or something like that like someone above suggested.. Anyone else have a problem simmalir to this? It's an Injen intake, just wondering if its one of them fluke things or if its happened to other people.. ( So I can deicide if I want to go with Aem or Injen again)

Oh and Also the intake was used, not sure if that could have anything to do with it? But I just thought i'd throw that in there.
YES duct tape can work wonders.. i would just stick with that pipe as long as you put something like a piece of tin and duct tape it on.. why get a new one when it's fixed. not like it's a show car or anything ya know?

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Aluminum foil taped over the hole

·
Registered
120 Posts
if you can find it cheap have it welded back on but if you cant afford that duct tape works or you can heat wrap it at least heat wrap would look legit

·
Registered
1998 Integra
1,113 Posts
The last thing I would use is JB Weld. If a piece of that broke off or came loose and was injested by the engine, there would most certainly be serious damage done to the engine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok.. I went ahead and foiled it up with the duct tape around it, looks so ****ty lol but anyway, but in the meantime.. i'm thinking about getting the AEM V2 Intake, anyone have any problems with this one? My main concern really is, it hangs lower in the enginebay than any other intake i've seen, so chances of it sucking water up would be greatly increased, no? again correct me if i'm wrong.. and thanks for the advice/ tips :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.