Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hrmmm. Sorry to say it, but you have to be more specific....

Do you mean Intake Manifold or Exhaust Manifold (aka header)?

Are you going N/A, SC, N2O, Turbo?

What are you power goals?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fentoozler45 on Sep/05/02 said:
Hrmmm. Sorry to say it, but you have to be more specific....

Do you mean Intake Manifold or Exhaust Manifold (aka header)?

Are you going N/A, SC, N2O, Turbo?

What are you power goals?
an intake manifold for an all motor approach

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Almost, but no cigar. Different intake manifolds (or IM's) have different plenum sizes, runner lengths, runner diameters and volumes. These all dictate where the powerband will be at. What are your hp goals? Where do you want your powerband to be?

Come back and tell us these things then we can help you out.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If you want 250whp N/A then I'd probably think about switching your regular throttle body and intake manifold for ITB's.

This is a pic of the Toda. Be prepared for some extensive tuning with one of those babies. But if you were planning to make 250whp extensive tuning is a given anyway. I don't know how Tony the Tiger is doing with his ITB setup on his N/A monster, maybe he will chime in with some insight on how you tame these enough to be daily drivable.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
venom im is one made for FI. Look at the design. Huge plenum. short big diameter runners. That kind of design is meant to create flow at high rpms. If you slap that baby on an all motor integra, you will lose midrange in a huge way. It's not meant for all motor application. To do so would be a huge mistake.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've got an Edelbrock, and with the aide of modest turbocharger, it does fine for daily driving. Mind you, you can't stomp on the gas when you're cruising at 30 mph in third and expect to rocket, but the top end gains are well worth the disciplining of my foot.

·
Registered
480 Posts
IM design is something I am interested in, I want to stay on the GSR stocker and see how far I can get with a
strong midrange and hotter gears...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts