Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone trying to sell me a skunk2 intake manifold now I have weapon R intake, Dc headers, 5Zigen exhaust, NGK wires now if i put the intake manifold will it lean out my mixture???? and he says it will give me bout 10-12hp...... TRU or not???????

·
Registered
219 Posts
YEAH, also putting your hands out the window will give you 20-30 whp, but you have to flap them around in a special way. NO intake manifold, none, will ever be able to give you 10-12 hp, tell the guy that just for saying that you shouldn't do business with them. HE probably knows that, he is depending on you being gullible, which you are not obviously if you question it. Stick with the weapon R its a decent intake.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
napolean please do not post misinformation. if there is a post that you do not know about for sure, than leave it up to someone who can answer the question correctly. someone could read your post and take it for being the right information.

·
Registered
645 Posts
intake manifold gives you hp depending on your set up. yeah it might give you 10 extra hp with intake and headers.remember the more air, the bigger the exhaust.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U mean bigger diameter going down to the exhaust (tubing)???

and will the labour or install be hard take long???or worth it?????

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
parts integration:

displacement, redline, and rod ratio dictates port volume. -> port volume dictates IM plenum and runner size -> IM plenum size dictates TB size -> TB size dictates intake diameter.

single stage IM's have a high powerband location and do benefit low rod ratio motors looking for gains up top. A good cam upgrade will lessen the effect of lowering the midrange.

resonance tuning of the IM runner length and diameter and the volume of the plenum determines the amount of gain. Since the skunk2 IM plenum is larger, it's runners are shorter, and it's runner's diameter is bigger, the gains are definitely geared for gains in the 6500-reline range. With stock cams, you'll see about a 5-8 whp gain and about 10 whp if you tune the engine properly in terms of fuel. Will it lean out your motor? only if you don't tune it. You'll see a midrange dip without any cam gear adjustments.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes get the Skunk IM, if u want power through all your RPM's that the way to go, if u wannna go turbo go withthe JG Victor X, thats soem hot $hitif u going that route, ANYWAYS hwo much were u gonna buy the skunk for anyways

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
yes that's an accurate assumption. ridding the 2-stage gsr IM will now give you a single hump torque curve. but with tuning you can move the powerband around to get that torque back in the middle if you so choose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts