Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im getting this weird sound coming from my intake manifold. When I accelerate or rev my engine, I hear like a whole bunch of clanking coming from within there. Im not sure but it sounds like rocks or something, maybe not rocks but the sounds of rocks. Anyone know what the problem might be?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
did you advance your timing at all? what's your setup? help us out a little

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing done to the engine bay, its all stock inside there. Really only mods I have is the Apexi N1 catback, and a carsound cat.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
it sounds like what you're experiencing is "knocking" or "pinging" which happens when you get detonation, but without modifications to the ignition timing i don't see why it would make that noise. Hopefully MD will jump on this and explain it

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have the same problem...mine sounds like there is something like a rocker arm that is just thrown in there to make it rattle. That plus some extra valvetrain noise...but Im 99.5% sure its not detonation since the car does it totally stock at idle and it goes away when I get on it. My sound is coming direcly from where the dist meets the cam(which I have taken out and checked...along with taking the valve cover off and cranking the engine). I havent found any reason for the sound really, but I dont really care either because its going to be rebuilt rather soon.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
check out your rockerarm/camlobe clearances. whens the last time you did a lash adjustment?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
yea, maybe it's a valve adjustment, i got one at 60k

·
Registered
605 Posts
this might sound dumb but did u make sure u didn't leave anything in there from swapping out one of the ractive intakes?
how much do valve adjustments go for nowadays? ballpark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts