Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Skunk2 Intake manifold that I plan on installing myself and I was wondering if anyone had any links or anything that shows a step by step instruction on putting this on. And does anybody have and hints or anything that I have to look out for. All help will be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
aw man, i went thru the pain of installing a Venom intake manifold on an LS motor before (not mine).

Hint: DRAIN YOUR RADIATOR BEFORE INSTALL!! otherwise you'll have coolant all over the engine bay from disconnecting the different hoses...

Hint2: GET A FRIEND TO HELP!!! trust me on this, you'll need one to help you with removal and install!

Hint3: GET A SHOP MANUAL! do not get chiltons, helms is best but haynes will suffice.

Hint4: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLACE TO CoNNECT all vacuum lines, sensors, and the throttle cable before you install. Other wise you'll be needing parts for IAC and such.

Hint5: IMPACT DRIVER is needed for some sensor screws that will NOT move for a regular screwdriver.

i don't know what the S2 instructions tell you but be sure to purge your fuel line thru unbolting the banjo bolt on the stock filter in the engine bay...hope that helps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would even go so far as to say, make extra, especially sure you label all of your vacuum lines and wires. Swap the wires and lines over one at a time, and try to do it all in the same session.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow this seems like I am going to have quite a bit of work ahead of me huh? I might just have someone do it but I would really love to do it myself so I could learn a few things.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
no no no...don't let it scare you. Yea sure its more of an undertaking than installing an intake tube. but if you follow the s2's instructions and a shop manuals...and follow the advice on here, you'll be fine. its a good feeling of completing a project of this difficulty. besides, it'll bring you closer to your engine.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I just got done doign a head gasket replacement on my 94 LS and I have NEVER done anything like this on a import....my suggestion on getting the 2 middle bottom nuts on the manifold is jacking up your car and getting to them from a bottom with a 13mm??? wrench, ALOT easier then going from the top, the other two bottom nuts are easy to get to with a wrench! I am getting a skunk2 manifold too! Let me know how much of a difference it did for you k!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The skunk2 manifold I got has a direct port 70 shot in it so I am sure that I will love it. Where can I get a hold of one of these shop manuals at?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
haynes can be found at pep boys or auto zone.

·
Registered
523 Posts
get ready to cuss and get mad. This project is one pain in the ass lol. So many hard to reach/non visible areas when working on that thing. Make sure you have everything right because if you have one thing in the wrong place then it wont run right.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
yea i know, but its helpful when you don't have the patience to sit and wait for the helms to arrive.

one mistake i found in haynes, they dont have the correct plug-wire setup. they have #1 in the top-left corner going clockwise. however #1 is lower-left corner going right to #2, then #3 is top-left, #4 going right of #3. just wanna clear that up...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts