Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing my Hondata intake manifold gasket eariler and ran into a problem. After scraping off all of the cheap stock paper gasket (took forever!!) I went to put the new one on, but it does not fit! There is a sticker on the front saying it is for a B18C, but that was put on from the place I bought the gasket from. What I am wondering is if the gasket I received was for a B18B maybe? The bolt holes are off and the coolant passage is square instead of round like my manifold. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grrr ok, I will call them tomorrow and get it replaced. Just wanted to be sure before I bothered them. Good thing the car is parked for a few more weeks! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am about to sell this gasket to my friend who does not have the head in front of him, I just wanted to be sure this will work with an ITR. The one for the B18b does not have the coolant ducts between cylinders, correct? Thanks!

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
You would think shops would check these things before selling them. What if your car had to be on the road tomorrow? Grrrr so hard to get things done smoothly.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks! I know Furious94LS! I am lucky that the car was not quite back together yet from all of the winter projects and that it was not some weekend project. They tried to argue with me saying they shipped my right right gasket though, took some effort to get the correct one!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Well you said it had "b18c" written on it? That could have been the C1 or the C5..didnt specify. Its still error on thier part for not clarifying.

·
Registered
218 Posts
what advantages does installing one of those have

1 - 9 of 9 Posts