Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on my cai... i didn't get isntructions cause i am a cheap person and i got unknown cai.. anyways ok the breather hose that goes from the cai to the engine that is where i am confused... ok the article on ti says that u take the breather hose disconnect it completely and connect fro mthe cai to the engine then where does the stock one go? like the article i forgot who wrote it surfer? he used the stock splitter... i've seen people;s who doesn't split... i am very confused please help me thanks
david

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The stock setup has two metal lines connected together. one is for the breather hose, the other is for the throttle body de-icer. Some kits come with two hoses: one to run directly from the valve cover to the intake tube and one to replace the metal de-icer line. This way the metal lines are totally removed. You can replace both lines with rubber or you could try to reroute/reuse the stock metal breather line as done in the article or you could just run the rubber hose straight from the valve cover to the intake tube and leave the stock metal line unattached - this will function, it just won't look the best. Better yet is to eliminate the whole de-icer circuit. It does just what it says. It also adds heat into the intake manifold - not good. Some cars have a fast idle thermo-valve which is in this circuit and can't be eliminated. My '99 GSR didn't - don't know about yours. I performed this mod on my '89 CRX which saw several winters in Illinois with no problems.
I noticed that the S 2000 apparently has a solenoid to turn the de-icer circuit on only when needed.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
what size hose do you need to replace the metal pipes?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
sl0ppyshat on Sep/02/02 said:
what i did was kept the stock metal breather line, and cut the rubber tube that come with my CAI, just long enough to connet the CAI to the metal line and clamped it down
Yup, that's what I did when I had my AEM CAI. The breather hose AEM includes with their Type R intake is too short to reach the valve cover.
So much for extensive engineering haha. So I just improvised, and turns out I liked it better that way anyway.

·
Registered
678 Posts
sl0ppyshat on Sep/02/02 said:
what i did was kept the stock metal breather line, and cut the rubber tube that come with my CAI, just long enough to connet the CAI to the metal line and clamped it down
If anyone has done this method, can you post some pics... I want to see if it looks good. I'm debating just cutting the stock double tube. But, I'd rather do it as easy as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
does anyone have more info on stoping the de-icer? i have a 94 ls in florida so i REALLY dont need it. like articles or diagrams.

·
Registered
678 Posts
From what I have read, I think all you do is cut that line.. but that doesn't make sense to me, because wouldn't there still be de-icer flowing out of some hole then? Maybe I'm way off (probably). I too want to know how you can just cut the de-icer tube and have it be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
anyone have more info on running a whole new de-icer line??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts