Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a car right now, but i can drive my dad's car and he has allstate insurance on it, i believe it's full coverage. I'm just wondering if it'll cover me in case of an accident.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The insurance is on my dad, not on me. Will it still cover me?

My friend told me it will cover me only the first time i have an accident. Is that any true?

·
Registered
101 Posts
It depends on the policy your dad bought. Some say that you can have other drivers (you dad might of had to have to list them on the policy) and some say that you can't allow anyone to drive. one costs more than the other. You can do this with both the full and the liability insurances. Me, I don't have anyone else on my insurance, becuase it's cheaper and there's no reason for anyone to. You need to check with your dad. Life will suck if you are caught driving without insurance, especially if you are in an accident.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most policies will cover you. Its just like if your dad let one of his friends drive the car. Generally if you have the owners permission, you'll be covered. But if you're a regular driver of the car, he should add you to his policy otherwise you may not have coverage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
to my experience, the insurance is on the driver, not the car. it does depend on the policy, but they wouldn't give you the same rate they give your pops, so dont be racing until you see the policy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts