Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first I tried taking off my stock sideskirts and using the "L" brackets provided by Wings West. Didn't turn out to well. SOOO, I remounted my stock sideskirts and tried putting them over (the way many members seem to reccommend), having some trouble. When I tried to mount it, there was this long strip that keeps bumping into chassis, it's like right below where they placed the double stick tape. That piece prevents the door fromc losing all the way. Is there something I'm doing wrong because this is starting to get really frustrating.

*edit* Also, where is the double stick tape suppose to stick to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I took another crack at it and had the stock sideskirt, half on. Basically, it wasn't screwed in, and just hanging there. I had that strip of urethane I spoke of tucked in between the sideskirt and chassis. Then I half ass mounted the RS skirt and closed the door. Door shut all the way. Hurray, making some progress here. But I still haven't figured out how to finish it off. If I leave it as it, everything's gonna fall off while i drive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,231 Posts
Hey bro, I took off my side skirts
I think I will need to drill to mount the L brackets, but it seems to fit better without the stock side skirts I think. I'll let you know how it go tomorrow.

I already got some brackets (same size/shape as the WW ones) to mount them, I'm jsut afraid to drill through metal parts of my car thats all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,231 Posts
btw did you get them painted? I just got mine back from the shop. Looks so good painted and it only costed me $200 for the following painted

WW Side skirts
WW W-type rear lip
OEM Optional rear valence(lips) - for a friend
Tsunami front lip - for a friend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet, planning on getting the whole car painted soon. So, I'm probably just gonna wait till then. I tried the L brackets but it just didn't seem very sturdy to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,231 Posts
TaiChi on Feb/05/04 said:
Not yet, planning on getting the whole car painted soon. So, I'm probably just gonna wait till then. I tried the L brackets but it just didn't seem very sturdy to me.
Did you already have the holes predrilled?
kause I dindt have any holes on my car, I'll be drilling them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,632 Posts
TaiChi on Feb/05/04 said:
I had that strip of urethane I spoke of tucked in between the sideskirt and chassis.
yes, this is the way it is supposed to be done. shove that strip between the chassis and the stock sideskirt, now you should see how the strip of double backed tape should work. it tapes up onto the side of the chassis (painted part right between the door sill and the stock side skirt). Then all you have to do is put the screws in and you're set. The 3M double sticky tape on there is very strong, so if it is making full contact, then the only screws really necessary are the ones in the front and rear fender wells. I did this and it was very sturdy. I had a bunch of left over self tapping screws and those L brackets too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
972 Posts
aznspeedracer32 on Feb/05/04 said:
yes, this is the way it is supposed to be done. shove that strip between the chassis and the stock sideskirt, now you should see how the strip of double backed tape should work. it tapes up onto the side of the chassis (painted part right between the door sill and the stock side skirt). Then all you have to do is put the screws in and you're set. The 3M double sticky tape on there is very strong, so if it is making full contact, then the only screws really necessary are the ones in the front and rear fender wells. I did this and it was very sturdy. I had a bunch of left over self tapping screws and those L brackets too.
Hey guys, he is right! This is how mine are done, but I went ahead and drilled through the metal. Although now that I look back on it, it prob wasn't needed cause when I pulled them off, that tape was just not trying to come off! I just felt better fae than a side skirt on the freeway. Good Luck! Pm if you need some help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,632 Posts
Wild0ne21 on Feb/05/04 said:
Hey guys, he is right! This is how mine are done, but I went ahead and drilled through the metal. Although now that I look back on it, it prob wasn't needed cause when I pulled them off, that tape was just not trying to come off! I just felt better fae than a side skirt on the freeway. Good Luck! Pm if you need some help!
yeah, if you guys didn't know, that 3M double sticky tape ( i forget how many lbs it can hold)(its the gray tape) actually "melts" down and gets really gummy. It holds Extremely well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aznspeedracer32 on Feb/05/04 said:
Quote: TaiChi on Feb/05/04 I had that strip of urethane I spoke of tucked in between the sideskirt and chassis.
yes, this is the way it is supposed to be done. shove that strip between the chassis and the stock sideskirt, now you should see how the strip of double backed tape should work. it tapes up onto the side of the chassis (painted part right between the door sill and the stock side skirt). Then all you have to do is put the screws in and you're set. The 3M double sticky tape on there is very strong, so if it is making full contact, then the only screws really necessary are the ones in the front and rear fender wells. I did this and it was very sturdy. I had a bunch of left over self tapping screws and those L brackets too.
The only way I could get that thing wedged in there was with the stock sideskirt loose. once it was on, I couldn't get that thing in. It was way to tight. Should I put more muscle into it?

Alvin: No predrilled holes
, so now I have 4 holes in my RS sideskirts and various holes in my chassis for no reason!! *sob*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AlvinHuyN on Feb/05/04 said:
so did anyone install them without stock side skirts because that's what I'm doing. (no longer have my stock side skirts)
IF you do it that way, I'd suggest getting a friend (or maybe even 2) to help you out. Polyurethane's greatest strength is also gonna give you a decent sized headache if you work alone. It tends to flop around alot lol. If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be this, make sure you have those L brackets aligned right. I ended up drilling a few extra holes because I wasn't paying attention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,632 Posts
TaiChi on Feb/05/04 said:
The only way I could get that thing wedged in there was with the stock sideskirt loose. once it was on, I couldn't get that thing in. It was way to tight. Should I put more muscle into it?

Alvin: No predrilled holes
, so now I have 4 holes in my RS sideskirts and various holes in my chassis for no reason!! *sob*
it should wedge in there with not too much muscle. its been a while, it does not slide in with ease, but its shouldn't take that much effort either. just try it out.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top