Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing tweeters in my car and i want to hook them up straight to the HU. How can i do that and what wire goes where. the tweeters already come with a builting crossover thing and bass block.

thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
If they already come with the crossover and bass block just hook it up directly to the existing speaker in your door. Make sure that you hook up the polarities correctly. There is no output for tweeters from your deck so its pretty much this way or no way although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
how about you just splice into the speaker wire which would be alot easier than going to the headunit? why go straight to the head unit? you will be pulling the same power from the headunit as the speaker wire? someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
brirup on Feb/08/04 said:
If they already come with the crossover and bass block just hook it up directly to the existing speaker in your door. Make sure that you hook up the polarities correctly. There is no output for tweeters from your deck so its pretty much this way or no way although I could be wrong.
ahh he beat me to it..but there is no output for tweeters..and also just in case u didnt know polarity is - & + wiring..if that is wrong = bad tweeter

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
AcuraRider14 on Feb/08/04 said:
ahh he beat me to it..but there is no output for tweeters..and also just in case u didnt know polarity is - & + wiring..if that is wrong = bad tweeter
Why a bad tweeter? It'll be out of polarity, but not bad...but ya what they said just run it off the terminals of your stock speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts