Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to put springs in my car...I just wanna know what I'm looking at getting myself into...I've been reading up and feel confident that I'm gonna be able to do this. I just wanna know what I'm gonna need, what to look out for, and about how much time I'm lookin at here. THanks guys

·
Registered
402 Posts
Heh, I'm in about the same boat. I'm looking at getting some new shocks and springs, but I'm not going to say whether I can do it or not just yet. It all depends on the difficulty of the install... I think some folks say it takes around 5 hours or more, and you'd definitely need yourself a good hydrolic jack and at least 2 if not 4 jackstands, along with a spring compressor that you can rent/borrow from a local auto place. Someone else will have to fill you in on the install procedure; I'm a noob when it comes to changing springs and shocks.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
the back's are harder than the front, and it's easier to put them back in, that it was to take them out, from my experience. this is especially true if you're replacing them with lowering springs and stuff like that. the spring compressors i used were really hard to get on the fronts, but other than that, i found the front end easier to line back up and get the bolts in. the rears are easiest if you take loose the lower control arm from the hub and the shock; first from the hub, then the shock. over all, the first one is hardest, and it gets easier once you get a feel for what you're doing. PM me for more tips and things to look out for.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i'm not gonna go thru the entire install but basically, where you see the shock attached to the car, take out that bolt. once you see you will know...

TIPS!!!!:
-in the rear, breaker bar needed on the 14mm lower control arm bolt.
-remove the bolt that holds the LCA up (above the rear caliper, cant miss it)
-disconnecting the rear sway bar endlinks will probably make life a little easier when trying to get the old spring/strut assembly out.
-put blocks of wood under the wheels before you lower the car from the jack because you MAY need to get it back up without fighting to get the jack back underneath.

good luck...i did mine today and it was a breeze, with tips from Gvtec to help me.

s98 - welcome to Team-Integra!! i updated my post into your thread on HAN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts