Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a neon kit and I am going to install it today. I was wondering if anyone else has put one on their car? If you do have one where did you out the Front and back Neon tubes? Did you drill them into the body? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I've had experience with these things on every car except my current integra so allow me to share it with you.

The two sides are pretty easy of course. The front on you have to tuck under the black plastic splash guard. It literally has to be supported by this. (Light above the splash guard)

The back one is ALWAYS the hardest and on past cars I've just left it off, it's too much trouble. Besides, it looks really good without the back one anyways.

Remember, the trick to neon lights is to hide the tube so all you see is the light. So make sure you can't see any part of the tube, just the light.

Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea i put it on my car. The front I just screwed into the top of the black plastic piece (the underspoiler). The back I screwed in one side then used twist ties to hold up the other end so it didn't hang down. Ghetto but oh well, it worked. Make sure you keep it at least a couple of inches from the exhaust so it doesn't melt. The two sides are a piece of cake. Make sure you do somethin about the wires so they don't hang down or are exposed. Later.

·
Registered
648 Posts
just wonderin where exactly did you mount them on the sides, for me... I put the front screwed on the bottom bumper and for the back, I used zip ties and put them on my back tie bar. I can't seem to find a good place to put them on the sides where I can hide the bulbs.

·
Registered
555 Posts
on my g3 i tucked them up in the back bumper and held it in place with zip ties. You cant see them but it is still far enough away from the exhaust to not cause a problem. on the front i just put it above the splash guard but tucked in the bumper so its not visible at all. Due to the holes in the splash guard it still gives a really nice glow without seeing the tube.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i put my in the mouth in my front body kit and i just drilled it in there and i havent had any problems yet and it looks real good>

·
Registered
399 Posts
yea is there anyway to hide tha sides good? i don't want ppl to be able to see the bulds in the daytime.....that would jus look stupid....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts