Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car less than a month ago, and i know next to nothing about car electronics. i bought an Omega Research keyless entry system on ebay for $20, and i want to try to install it myself. is this the kind of thing where i'd have to be a complete idiot to attempt it with no previous knowledge of electronics, or is it worth a try? if it is, and you know where i can learn how to do it, let me know.

it came with a 5 pin connector, with red, black, yellow, gray and orange wires. there is also what the diagram calls a DLS-3 output, which is red and has 4 pins. the instructions dont help much, and i dont even really know where to start. id appreciate any help or warnings. thanks.

i didnt mention it, but i have a 91 4d.

i inted to scan the paperwork as soon as i have access to a scanner, but i dont have one at home.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
it would be alot easier if you could scan the paperwork you got with it. the instructions, so we know what their wire colors mean.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Red: Constant Power (Thick White going from key to fuse box area)
Yellow: Ignition Wire (Thich Black/Yellow wire along same line)
Black: Grounf
Grey: i forget what that is on Excalibur (company that makes Omega, actually it might be the other way around), but you don't have to hook it up
Orange: Starter Kill Output.. don't worry about it

DLS3 output is for the door lock/unlock triggers, theres going to be a green and a blue, one shows (-) when you unlock, the other (-) when you lock....

You need to hook these up to these wires

·
Registered
399 Posts
your not an idiot. i had no past experience with electronics and i installed my cd player(it took me a while tho, and i didn't use the plug adapter thing). i also want keyless entry, and i'm gonna do that myself too.

·
Registered
662 Posts
i want to do it but i dont have power locks =(...i have a sedan and i was planning on bringing my rear handles up front and filling in the rear doors...but i need power locks in order to have keyless entry...anyways i am also a moron i would also like to know!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I am unsure if it's still available for the G2, but Acura's factory keyless entry/security system is a breeze to install. Takes a long time, but it's all plug-in, no fear of cutting/stripping wires.

I know they DID make a dealer-accessory keyless for the G2, though. Might try AHmotor to see if they still have any left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts