Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to anyone who knows anything about installing suspension systems, i myself,have no clue, and i would like to save myself a couple bucks and install the thing by myself. If anyone has any clue thanks a million, also being 16myself im on a tight budget, i need a farely cheap butrelabe way of lowering m car , what could iuse to dothat , along with my first question if anyoe knows id be reallll appreciative..Thanks everyone!!

Chris-

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
you can read the articles all you want but know this theright rear is a mofo i broke the head off of the bolt trying to get it out and when i took it to midas and started to tell him whats i wanted he immediately said the right rear rite im like how in the hell do you know he said that they right rear always breaks on the tegs so good luck.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yea, it happened to me, and yea i was told that too. Might be a good idea to go ahead and order new bolts and bushings for the rear shocks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I second Integra15lb....I know you want to save money but in this case shop around and get them to do it! Myself and 2 other friends have done our own and we all ran into the pain in the ass rear struts...especially if you are new at it...and if you live in and area where they put salt on the roads(I do) then all the bolts will be a pain in the ass...save your money and get them installed!
Good luck on your lowering project...you'll love them when they are on!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Me and two buddies did my coilovers. It took us about 2 hours, but we were using air tools and had a really nice shock compressor. Don't do it yourself unless you are 100% sure of what your doing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Buy an electric impact torque wrench that delivers 240 lb/ft of tq from ebay for around 40 bucks shipped if you can. If you can do that then installing springs isn't going to be that hard at all. And you will also be able to install your own shocks later on down the road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i did mine my self, everything came out fine. i didnt have a spring compressor or nothing. just loosened the bolt on the top of the shock holing the spring and watch that mother fly. i did it in my driveway and one bolt flew so fast it hit the wall of my house and landed in my yard like 20 feet. took an hr to find that one bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts