Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got my HU installed by a buddy at work, and I'm itching to get the rest done. I wanted to help with the HU, but he did it while I was at work, when he had free time. I need to install 6.5" components up front with Dynamatting (it was only $1) and crossovers, 6.9 coaxials on the rear deck, and a US Acoustics amplifier. Then leave the upgrade path to a 12" Image Dynamics sub open and easy. How should I learn how to do this; should I just get a good shop to do the front components (they are going to want $150!); does anyone from these boards that lives near me want to meet up and help me; or is it easy enough that I can do all this on my own? Will I need to be taking out my interior to run wiring, or is the stock wiring acceptable?

Let me know, Thanks,
Ben
Frederick, Maryland

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Everything you need to know is in the electronics section of the articles.
click here

I'd probably do something along the lines of this...

-run 4 awg power from battery to trunk and use a distribution block, this will allow you add another amp for your sub w/ease

-leave the stock wire for the fronts, but re-wire the rears (this is easy). if you want to re-wire the fronts, morningz has an article on that here.

-you might need a little more depth when mounting the 6.5's up front, there's an article for that in the electronics section as well

-save yourself some time when running your rca's from the deck to your trunk by running all your rca outputs from your deck to the back, even if you're not using them yet. this will make the addition of a sub much easier as well.

-you will need to remove some of the interior on your car...but I'm not sure how much because you have a sedan.

...anyway, I hope this gets you started off right. good luck!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Im close to your area and I can do all of the stuff you outlined. Hell, i'll build you a custom subwoofer enclosure if you want. Money though. If you just have questions I can answer em, as for installation, sorry man takes some work, which takes some money. Post back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts