Team Integra Forums banner

Installing a T25 Turbo???

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  BoostControl 
#1 ·
hey guys, i just got my turbo (T25 from an eclipse GS-T) and am wondering if anyone has ever mated one to an integra?! i just need to know how to go about doing so, and if shops can machine other manifolds to fit this one. bucky, i talked to jim, but he said to ask you in particular! any response would be a huge help. thanks! -JSPD

#3 ·
I'm pondering wether I should do this or not myself, but more to the point, I haven't found anyone that makes a manifold. I had though of gettign a manifold for a 1g eclipse, (common and cheap.) and seeing if they can mate a flange from a stock exhaust Manifold (forma teg of course,) to it. But I ahvent' even done anythign to measure it, etc.

Also, I would also upgrade your oil pump to one menat for a GSR, and run a direct tap from it to the turbo. The extra volume will do the turbo well, as well as the cooler oil. As for the water lines, I haven't quite figured it out.

#4 ·
Hey John...post this thread in our local scene so Bucky will see it. I talked with VSV and I am almost sure you are going to have a mating problem..you might want to get with Bucky..he MIGHT be able to help you out better than I can because I have a kit and he is all custom (and more knowledgeable).

EDIT: looks like someone moved it to the FI forum..he will see it here.

#5 ·
the T25 from a gst won't fit any manifold! the t25 from nissan is what HKS used to use on there kits...also the t25 isn't really a good turbo...just look for a 14B if you want a fast spooling with decent topend turbo....good luck

#6 ·
No it will NOT fit ! That's one area the is very specific to all cars...The manifold needs to be for our cars ! The T25 is a lil baby turbo you may even run into problems matching that up to ANY aftermarket manifold, not just the block !

You may wanna give GReddy a call and see what they suggest. The deal in Mitsubishi turbos, probally your best bet.

Good luck.

#7 ·
i think i might try to get a hold of greddy here soon. im kind of pissed. i heard this was possible, but it sounds like a myth now. oh well i hope i might be able to make this work. if you guys have any ideas let me know. if not what would be a better choice i.e. t3/t4, t3/t04e, etc....and does anyone know anyone that is selling one?! ill wait for you all to post more, thanks. -JSPD

#8 ·
John you know what Bucky and I are going to say if your DSM turbo will not work.....

T3/T04 with either the B or E trim!!!

Trust me on this one. Boostcontrol and I discussed this at lenght the week before my turbo went in. I was caught between a T3 or T3/T04E and boy am I glad I got the T3/T04E now.
I can take you for a ride sometime to help you make up your mind if you are still unsure.

#9 ·
Well if i cant mate the T25 i will be shopping for a t3/t04e, and also how much did it come to, to install the turbo?? so i can get a round about price. any more responses would be greatly appreciated. thanks jim and bucky.
-John

#11 ·
this is how you make a manifold....get the stock exahust manifold off a 1.5L D series with the very short primarys...at the end where the primarys come together weld a plate and drill the holes to match the position of the T25....

#14 ·
hey i talked to one of the guys down at VSV(i dont know who.) and he said they can custom fit one to the car. dont know how much but i will bring the turbo up there to him to look at. he said it would provide enough boost for the car, but mostly all mid range in the RPM band. would it be better for me to just go with the T3 and get mid to high end power. im confused on what i want. argggggg..... bucky whats your and jims vote on the power band issue?!

#16 ·
thanks bucky, you really think it would be a good idea for me to buy the T3 the guy here on T.I. is seling?? cause right now im looking at some T3s on ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.