Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Installation wasnt hard at all. I would have to say it took about 2 hours, but I was just taking my time. The hardest part was getting the filter to fit right, but if I would have read the instructions good, i would have known that the seam in the filter goes upwards...Anyways, I reset the computer, got clean, and took it out for a spin. It doesnt sound nearly as loud anymore compared to just the Comptech short ram. Fine with me! But man, does it pull harder! From ~5500 on I could tell a differance. Not nothing astounding, but noticable. When I installed the Short ram, i couldnt tell any differance, besides the sound. I am quite impressed with the Icebox.
Cody

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I dont know about the cheapest, but I got mine at Modacar.com, they are real good. It was $165+$18 shipping so $183 total. I trust modacar. I first ordered it from Nopi, for 159+~11 ship so about $170, but they were out so it would take 4-6 more weeks...Screw that...It looks like all Nopi's prices went up...Oh well. I would very much recommend it to you. You will be very pleased.
Cody

·
Registered
880 Posts
Do you know if it would fit my current short ram intake? Heres a pic of it. I dont feel like having to buy another intake!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well the pic of your current short ram didnt work, but unless it is a comptech short ram, i can tell you no it wont work.
Edit:NM Pic is working, but your shortram still wont work with the icebox.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Too much. I'm using the stock hose w/ Comptech filter in the Icebox. Comptech price gouges on their intake, $200 for a short ram my ass.

That intake is angled correctly to fit the Icebox Chopstix, but still it may not work for whatever other fitament reason.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About $380 for both shipped to you door. Its very nice and high quality. I am happy with them both to be honest.
Cody
Edit-but like Surfer said, the Short Ram is overpriced...

·
Registered
574 Posts
bbapache on Aug/17/05 said:
ok im confused, isn't the ice box itself an intake? y r u guys talkin about having another intake w/ it?
You buy the Icebox. Which is just the black box and the tube that goes into you fender. And then you eaither buy their adaptor for you factor intake tube or you buy their short ram.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts