Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my thoughts on the whole process/results

I got new front brake pads, they are Axxis Ultimates. From what I have researched, and those I have talked too they are about the best you can do as far as "Mostly street, some autoX".

Installation was extremely easy. I even did more than I probably had too, and it only took me 45min.

Basicly, unbolted the lower mounting bolt, rotated the caliper up, pulled of the pads, Cleaned off the brakes components, anti-squeel, anti-seize on the clips, synthetic grease on the caliper sliding bolt, reattach.

The only holdup, was my inner pads didn't have a shim. Not sure weither there even is a shim stock, but I put it on without it and everything was fine. (reading through H-T's forums, people said they were not necissary). btw, thanks for the help there len ;)

Results, not night and day but very noticable. I don't have to use the brakes NEARLY as much durring street driving. I can slow down much quicker, and I still tend to overbrake and half to let the car roll forward before braking to a halt.

The only thing I was expecting is maybe a stronger inital bite, but I am thinking brake pads don't really effect that as much.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
great to hear that style. and thanks this is going to help cause i want to get new pads in the next week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts