Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that my car is due to have valve clearances checked. How much would it cost to have it done, how hard is it on this engine, and how would I know if they are actually out of spec? Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't know the price on getting them adjusted... but I talked with Chris (gsrboy94) last weekend at the Tampa meet and he said he's done it before. You will know if they are out of spec if you have the hood open and hear loud clicking from the valve cover...

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I hear no clicking at all so I should be fine. I just wanted them checked because its due time in my book. I actually live very close to chris and was at his house a few hours after he performed it on his car. He said it was a ***** and kinda let me know he didn't want to do it on my car... maybe i'll convince him at a later time!

·
Registered
890 Posts
They don't have to be clicking to be out, and it isnt' a bad idea to get them done, I need mine done too, but my bro said he'd help me beign that the adjustment is jsut liek a diesel he's encountered with dual overhead cams. I thought about getting new cams as well.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I just may do that since I have a manual and a bud close that I know could do it (chris aka GSRBoy94). I'll see if maybe I can do it with his supervision...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've done it before. once you take off the valve cover adjust all the rocker arm which the lobes are facing all the way down. Crank it and adjust more of them. Just repeat this until you have done all the rocker arms.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I at least need supervision for something like this. But who needs it anyhow, I have a new head with dual springs, Ti retainers, crower 404 cams, and whatever I do to it before I install to put on the teg

·
Registered
910 Posts
i've done it a couple of times on mine. its not hard at all, it takes me around 20 min. the one thing i can think of that you can mess up is snapping the bolts off that hold the valve cover on. they can be snapped off very easily. when putting the valve cover back on, don't overtighten those nuts.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It is easy to do. If you take your time and make sure everything is perfect you're good. Yes the valve cover bolts are easy to strip but if you torque them to spec (7.2 lbs-ft) on a cold engine you won't have a problem.

If you or anyone else with a B18B has done it I'd like a pic of what your head looks like without a valve cover so I can add it to my article.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts