Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly from opinion, I hear that AEM CAI shows the best power gains. Is Injen just as good. I am thinking about getting a CAI but can't decide on what company to buy from. I sometimes think AEM is like Air Jordans when it comes to intakes and I am really just buying the name. Is everyone happy with AEM or is there others intakes out there that is just as good. I remember some Air Intake shootout in a magazine some time ago that compared them for the GSR, does anyone remember what the results where. Thanks for any replies. I guess I am just trying to warrant the purchase of a CAI when everything else on the car is stock. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
name and looks-injen only comes in chrome and other brands cant mimick the beautiful color os aem but if you find one that suits you go for it -- I do recommend that no matter what brand of intake (DC AEM INJEN...) you definately buy an AEM bypass valve--
i have met so many people that hydro locked with a CAI save your motor--- buy a bypass valve for 35 dollars----

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
95gsrturbo on Sep/12/02 said:
you definately buy an AEM bypass valve--
i have met so many people that hydro locked with a CAI save your motor--- buy a bypass valve for 35 dollars----
OH PLEASE! *Eye starts twitching*

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i got my chrome short ram for 38 dollars shipped off ebay, works sounds and performs great, and after doing some research i found my filter also flows better then the K&N! i will say however the K&N does last longer and is constructed of better material

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is a bypass valve necessary for integra's? I mean, is the chances of taking in water really that high?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
HondaRD on Sep/12/02 said:
Is a bypass valve necessary for integra's? I mean, is the chances of taking in water really that high?
NO! People will tell you do it for "peace of mind." Some of these people are the same people who thought their toaster would come alive when the year 2000 came and would toast everything in their house. I say, don't waste your money. Drive with your head engaged and you won't have any problems. The oNLY way you will suck up water is if the filter is COMPLETELY submerged. That would take a puddle about 2 feet deep. Stay out of your neighborhoods streams and lakes and you WILL BE FINE. Don't buy into the aem bypass valve crap...

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
try a search I know theres a dyno chart around here somewhere that had an indepent comparison done with an AEM,Injen and Comptech intakes.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
My intake tech article

caution 56k modem users: bandwidth intensive (lotsa pics of intake designs and dynos).

please read this.

know the difference between a constant velocity-constant diameter CAI and a tapered CAI. Know what length and diameter does to the location of where you make power with an intake in a closed single plenum IM system (resonance tuning based ).

once you grasp the differences between intakes and what design features matter, then you can make an informed decision on what to buy...

As SurferX stated, both the Injen and AEM are the same constant velocity design and the minor differences you see onthe dyno between them at various parts of the rpm range aren't hardly enough to show up on the stopwatch at the track.

Same design, same size = same result. don't get hyped out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
theres enough c.a.i. threads to make a sweater in here.lol.anyways

I havent heard much discusion about the r1 front mount c.a.i. It looks like a hell of a design but I cant find specs on it. Does anyone know the tubuing diameter? I have a 3" custom cold air I made at the local muffler shop, but I like this idea. Does anyone have one? I bet its loud(its a good thing).

·
Registered
711 Posts
Check out the PRM intake system. It's rated as the best on the market by a couple of magazine, just can't remember which magazine it was in. It rated the AEM as a 8 out of 10, K&N to be 8 out of 10 and the PRM to be 10 out of 10! It is a new design JET-STREAM intake filter and cold air system.

Gains from a K&N filter are definately noticable. I'll try to get a dyno of it making 4-6 whp greater than the K&N filter and AEM System. The FILTER costed almost $200 CND, but it was worth it. I'm designing the rest of the CAI myself!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey Mike, so I'm assuming you've heard good things about the PRM as well?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts