Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered here on these forums so I can find out some information about the 93 Integra GS-R. I have found that they have 160HP, they have 127Tq?, and they weigh about 2600lbs. I read that they also run a 15.3 in the quarter mile. Is this true? because if this is true im about to be looking for one

thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Welcome....you can find out about your car through our articles section. Here's a link Click here

BTW, that gsr runs a 15.7 in the 1/4th mile, But you'll have to find out what YOU run with YOUR GSR.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The 15.3 run was at Car-Stats, which is the last place I'd look at for useful information. But you'd have to run it yourself and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for replying. I thought 15.3 runs were a bit low, but then again 15.7 isnt to shabby either ;).

When i said what does it run, i meant to say what can the car do when its stock, i know my driving will probably bring this time up, but i wanted to know, what the CAR can do. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

one more thing, what kind of modifications can a person do to make this time sort of near the 14 second range. Please dont say weight reductioin or slicks, seeing as how i need it street legal. Stuff like a good intake, or a good exhaust.

thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It will take more than a good intake and a good exhaust to hit the 14.0 mark. Now you're talking forced induction or nitrous...

·
Registered
29 Posts
with a g2 gsr you can hit high 14's with a good I/H/C/E setup with some good tires and slight weight reduction( no spare/no back seat). of course it mainly depends on what shape the engine is in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dedhome? sorry I dont know some of the slang you guys use here...

so another words 14's will be costing atleast 1-1.5k depending on certain factors?

Thanks guys for all the info. I've been searching for a GS-R from 93, but have'nt found even one, are they rare? I would have never guessed that they would be rare, but i guess im wrong because i looked on e-bay, autotrader, and a local newspaper. Didnt find even one.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The G2 GS-R's are about like Type-R's, very rare... Honda didn't start big production on them until G3. Infact, I've only seen one G2 GS-R

·
Registered
267 Posts
LazYRaCeR on Sep/02/02 said:
haha, no slang. he was talking to the person that posted right above him.

·
Registered
140 Posts
LazYRaCeR on Sep/02/02 said:

so another words 14's will be costing atleast 1-1.5k depending on certain factors?

Thanks guys for all the info. I've been searching for a GS-R from 93, but have'nt found even one, are they rare? I would have never guessed that they would be rare, but i guess im wrong because i looked on e-bay, autotrader, and a local newspaper. Didnt find even one.
only 2000 GS-R's came to the US, both '92 and '93

·
Registered
133 Posts
i/h/e/c intake ,header, exhaust, and i'm thinkin cams. but cams would be the most expensive of the 4 but can be tuned with gears to gain around 10-20 whp depending upon other conditions. 14's shouldn't be hard with i/h/e/c/cam gears with some good driving, but low fourteens are pushing it. for all i'd say 1-1.5k is do able, half decent header 250$ , o.k. int. 150-250$ , cams crowers are i think 650 or so and gears 200 or less. good luck and hope you find one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel dumb about that dedhome thing, sorry.

To my understanding, you guys are telling me that finding a second generation GSR will not be a easy task? DARN, I really had my sites set on owning one, but I am back to ground zero i guess.

Thanks guys for all your help, ill keep on the lookout for a GSR though. If one every happens to show up, youll see me back on these boards in no time.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
hahhahahahahahahaha i wanted one bad ass hell but gave up that search. by the way they aint cheap neither not trying to discourage you or anything but i have actualy seen more type r's for sale than the gen2 gsr.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Type r are more common than the g2 gs-r's. I have a 93 with the mods listed below and I run 15.00 flat with the g-tec pro. I have to go to the track to see how reliable it is.

With the mods I have, I've only lost two races to the newer 94' plus generation gs-r's! They had a bit more work than me though!

By the way, it took me 3 months to find one, lucky enough it was mint with 88,000 km's on it owned by a chinese doctor and never winter driven, no it's not for sale. lol I love my car!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Down here in T.O there's almost always one for sale at one place or the other. I know cuz i've been looking at trader for about 1/2 year now.But my gsr plans unfortunatly won't come true anytime soon.

good luck in trying to find one though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know where you're at, but a dude here in Vancouver WA is selling a white '92 for $6K. Had it listed at $7K last week. Doesn't list mileage or condition, but I could get you a phone #. Or check out www.columbian.com and look in the auto classified area.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts