Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
I am looking into new speakers for the front of my teg (cause I read all the posts about the back being generally unimportant, although I will upgrade eventually). I heard MBQ today, and was impressed. 6 ave wants 349, found them on line for 149. My question is to people who have heard both: which sounds better? I can't find anyone who has Infinity in the area, so I gotta ask. Anyone?
thanks, dave

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a pair of Kappa's. I like them, they are very clear sounding, especially with the rotating tweeter. I am actually selling a pair if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Most likley no one is going to have good the higher end infinity speakers. I have had both Infinity and MB quart.... first off my opinion dont buy the quarts unless they are premium line or above. I had a set of premiums and a set of referances the referances suck ass. Seriously i like the infinity referance series better than the mb quart referance series. As far as other comparisons go the infity speakers cant touch the premiums as far as the tweeter goes but they have much more MID BASS. As i would personally rate them in order of SQuality WORSTE TO BEST

MBQ Referance
Infinity Referance
Infinity Kappa
MBQ Premium
Infinity Kappa Perfect
MBQ QSC

do not run anything but infinity referance unless you have a nice amplifier for your speakers the Head Unit will not handle MBQ or higher Infinity Kappa Perfect

aside from the MBQ referance those are pretty much in order of price to so it backs up the good old saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you have leather, the Infinity's are more echoey IMO. Know what I mean? I dunno, I have some Boston 3 ways and the highs are too high. I'm looking for something that handles alot of mid-range, not just the highs. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
354 Posts
infinity kappa perfects handle sh*tloads of midbass

or if you are talking 3 way as in what i think your talking (3 seperated speakers) bust out the fiberglass make some kicks for your small mid then buy the q-logic or make another kick for a DEI Mid Bass Driver

www.directed.com DEI makes very good mid bass drivers

The infinity kappa perfects make lots of mid bass nothing compared to DEI mid bass drivers though

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bye the way in my first post the first line read

"Most likley no one is going to have good the higher end infinity speakers."

thats very confusing sounding when i read it i meant. Most stores are not going to cary the higher end infinity speakers. If you want referances or kappa perfects I have a brand new set of each.

·
Registered
567 Posts
the manager at the store i usually buy my car audio stuff from was telling me infinity tweeters blow out, do you guys know if this is true?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts