Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if people could help me, I was wondering what are some of the less expensive mods I can get for my teg , not cheap parts just inexpensive upgrades. I gotta 95 Ls

Thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
ebay air intake, rear wiper delete, paint side skirts and door bumpers, put red over the amber tail lights. You can always paint your valve cover.

·
Registered
281 Posts
remove rear seats, rear wiper delete, exhaust, paint rear tails red, put a mesh grill on your bumper..

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Inexpensive is relative. Some people work six digit salaries and other bust their ass at a restaurant.

What's cheap to one guy may not be cheap to another. Be more specific. Try giving us a goal and what we got to work with to accomplish that goal. What's your budget?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Keep in mind this guy just registered yesterday.

So you got a 95 LS... What is done to it now... what would you like to do with it with what budget etc. etc. blah blah blah.

This will give you an idea what TI is about...
Lego My Eggo

And when you're ready to start to dig deeper...
Buh-Bam!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
articles

everything in here is a good place to start.
For you two that just signed on recently this articles section is one of the best things you can do for your teg.

It includes an article called "G3 wiper delete." You replace the wiper with a plug that you purchase.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Personally, I like my rear wiper.. it's useful as hell in the rain.. but that's besides the point here..

Mentioned earlier was to upgrade your exhaust. Unfortunately to most, that's not exactly the "least" expensive upgrade. There are quite a few things you could do prior to that, unless you're talking about JUST a muffler tip, which would then be inexpensive..

I would probably go with springs before exhaust, at least for modifications sake. Springs will run you about $200-$300 for decent ones, depending on where you get them, where decent exhausts will run you about $500'ish. This price is including installation (if you choose not to do it yourself)

If you have some kind of aftermarket rims (and not steelies with hubcaps), you can paint your calipers ($10 for a can of high-temp caliper paint).

You can get strut bars for your car. I got a set of Mugen replicas for $40 on ebay, brand new (and they're good).

You can get your windows tinted. I happened to find a place that warranties your tint for a lifetime, all windows excluding the moonroof for $180... using Llumar tints (good quality!).

Rear seat removal is a good one for minor weight reduction, and that's free!

These are just a few things you can work on in the meantime. Those prices are relatively adequate for what you could consider "mods," whether visually or for the sake of performance. I'd say most people would be able to perform those mods without having to dig too far into their savings, even if they do bust their asses at a restaurant. =)

Anyhow, welcome to Team-Integra. If you give this place a chance, this place will give you the world (for your car). hehe..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Another to think about is a simple kill switch for your car for security, and hood release cable relocate. Both of which can be found on this site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You might advance your timing a few degrees. Nothing extreme, but you can definately feel it on your top end. Plus, its free if you have all the tools...

You might also get an underdrive pulley. Again, not an impresstive improvement in accel, but you can free up a few ponies.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DC Headers, Exhaust (Not sure what type,came with car when i bought it), AEM Short Ram Air Intake, Lowered. My budget is less then 400 for a part. Thanks for the imput I hope to get more!

·
Registered
472 Posts
integgy15 on Jan/20/06 said:
gets some springs then...suspension is next if you already have I/H/E...also invest in some camber kits if you can afford it

Don't lower your car unless you have the money to get it aligned. $50 for alignment and possibly $100.00 for camber kit needs to be set aside, it may not be used but you NEED to have it in case. Otherwise, you'll eat your tires and spend $300-$400 more for them also.

Inexpensive and reliable would be cold air intake (K&N ebay for $60.00 shipped), short shifter (A++), tinted windows, muffler (not full exhst), Mobil 1 oil / Tranny fluid (A+++)

Cheap is not reliable, reliable is not cheap. DoNT cut corners with the suspension. There's a reason why those things are expensive.

·
Registered
446 Posts
for me, it was some really cool taillights

and also maybe clear or black front bumper lights (the front blinkers). I got a good pair on ebay for $23 shipped! nothing but normal screws, take ya 5 mins and can make a great difference, enjoy the mods! tegs are very fun cars to have!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
diy brake mastercylinder brace, it was fun to make cost under ten bucks and it feels like it really helps(might just be in my head but i dont care) Another good one is an antenna override switch

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
This is hillarious reading all these replies =) So many people think there is a set way to modify a car, and certain "mods" that are a must (IE: your car isn't cool unless it's lowered and has an exhaust). .

Tim, look in the common (or sticky) topics for the area you would like to improve (or customize) on your teg (we have different forums under the "Forum" link which cover each area). A $400 budget means nothing. What do you want to change on your Teg? There are as many options as there are members on this website (which is over 50,000 btw).

Most "inexpensive" modification involve mostly DIY work, which we happen to have a whole forum dedicated to that, here. There should be plenty of idea's there which you can read thru.

Good luck with your teg.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.