Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Eurolite reverse gauge faces on
my 95 GS-R. Morningz's instructions were so easy and thorough. one comment: don't use double sided tape for your fuel and temp gauges. They will pop and drag your needles. If this happens during driving, your interior light fuse will blow. Use super/krazy glue as suggested by Morningz. As there is no return to your stock face if you use glue so you should decide before doing it.
This site is the best I have seen so far for providing thorough instructions on many projects you could do on your integra. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used really thin double sided tape (for carpet) sold at Home Depot (3M brand I believe). It holded for a while, not long and the fuel & temp gauges poped. It's just a hassle to take the cluster out and re-tape again. You just have more chance of messing up your cluster/needles.
It happened to me twice so I decided to use krazy glue. Tested it out last night, no issue. It's solid for 2 days now. Should have listened to Morningz in the first place.

Oh by the way, one important step that is not mentioned in Morningz's instructions is to memorize the position of your fuel gauge as it does not have a 0 position to return. Your temp, tach and speed needles all return to 0 so no worry.
Easiest is to fill your tank to full (needle on F mark) before taking the cluster out. After the indiglo face is set, check to ensure the fuel needle is on the F mark before putting the cluster together.
one more tip, if your inverter/transformer (the black box that provides power to your indiglo faces) buzzes, connect a resistor between the live power from your vehicle (if connected to dimmer switch it's Red with Black stripe wire) and the transformer, the buzz should go away.

·
Registered
207 Posts
the same thing happened to me when I used indoor carpet tape which is more solid then the outdoor tape. The outdoor tape has bigger holds in it. like a grill. I've had it for over a year with no problems.

·
Registered
463 Posts
chauqtrinh on Feb/11/04 said:

Oh by the way, one important step that is not mentioned in Morningz's instructions is to memorize the position of your fuel gauge as it does not have a 0 position to return. Your temp, tach and speed needles all return to 0 so no worry.
Easiest is to fill your tank to full (needle on F mark) before taking the cluster out. After the indiglo face is set, check to ensure the fuel needle is on the F mark before putting the cluster together.

You do not have to remember the fuel position. The needle will fall into it's correct position once you turn your car on. It takes a minute, but it eventually settles to the correct position.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
i didnt mention it in the article, because you don't have to...

and i wonder how you blew your interior light fuse because the gauges were dragging or whatever..... one is not in any way shape or form related to the other

·
Registered
739 Posts
so even your fuel needle will go back to the original position if you move it? then why does everybody say "DO NOT TOUCH THE FUEL NEEDLE!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not know that the fuel gauge would fall back to the original position when you turn the car on. If that is the case then how come so many people have problems with their temp/fuel gauges after installing the indiglo faces?

Morningz, my fuse was blown only once when fuel/temp gauges were dragged while driving so this made me believe they're related. Anyway, I have not had any problem after I put krazy glue on the fuel/temp faces.

I also installed blue cold cathode tubes under my dash two weeks ago. They look really good at night. Cold cathode tubes (made for computer) are cheaper and they do not generate heat like the neon ones. They should last 30,000 hours.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My fuel gauge, after installing the reverse glows, is not moving at all. I've had them in for 5 days now, and done quite a bit of driving now, so it should have moved. I disassembled the cluster housing again and bumped it to see if it would move or reset, but nothing's happened. Will resetting the ECU take care of the problem, or am I just wasting my time and need to take it to a shop?

·
Registered
423 Posts
i moved my fuel gauge needle when installing my gauges and after I put it all back in and started the car it returned to it's original postion and functions properly. The only thing I can think of when they say "don't touch the fuel needle," is that it can break fairly easily, but if you just move it a little it should be fine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I called my local Acura dealership when I couldn't figure anything else out, and their service dept. told me that I had jarred the magnets inside the pod too much when I ran the wiring for the plates thru to the back of the pod. I can completely believe that, because it took me forever to get the plugs through the back of the pod. They told me I will just need to get an entirely new cluster and housing. I'm just gonna spring for a Type-R Mugen cluster. It'll look better in the daytime anyway. Thanks for the help though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts