Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a few searches and came up empty. Has anyone incorporated an inconspicuous digital LED style shift light in their car and if so where did you mount it? I'm looking at something like this...

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

http://harlan-engineering.com/store/shiftlight/shiftlight.html

I've had the Harlan in my old '99 Trans Am and the Raptor in the '96 Trans Am WS6 I just sold and the Raptor was brighter despite it's smaller size (a huge plus to me) but it does cost a little more. Both say they are easily programmable for 4-cylinder vehicles. The Raptor was in the WS6 when I bought it and was already programmed so I cant say much about it but the Harlan was a breeze to program.

If you didn't know about these type of shiftlights they're absolutely great. If you did and you have one please post pictures of where you have yours mounted.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
There's actually a "blank" spot in the factory cluster for a light. The US cars don't have one of the indicator lamps that the Japanese models do, so you can put a really bright LED in there.

Some of the aftermarket engine management/tuning solutions allow you to flash the MIL for a shift light too.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Oct/10/07 said:
There's actually a "blank" spot in the factory cluster for a light. The US cars don't have one of the indicator lamps that the Japanese models do, so you can put a really bright LED in there.
This is what I would do, it's completely invisible until it comes on.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I have one of those, but not installed. It spretty easy and straightforward and adjusting the shift is easy to do. only problem is its about a few inches long and no where really nice to put it unless you like it out in tht open.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had one of these in my mustang it was a great shift light. The red one is very bright.

whats cool about this light is that you can pull the thing apart and just mount the LED part of it and say mount it in your gauge cluster. you have to do some wire runing but nothing to hard. ( I wish I still had the pic of the guy who did that in his Bullitt.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.