Team Integra Forums banner

Inaccurate speedometer readout?

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  ishbog 
#1 ·
For a few months now I've noticed that my speedometer readout in mph wasnt quite accurate base on my rpm readout. I did some research and finally I got a new VSS and put it in yesterday. Unfortunately, the problem still exist. I feel like I wasted my money on buying the VSS which is not cheap at all, still did not solve my problem. What else can I do? Is there anybody with the same problem like my car, how did you fix it? My car is a 1995GSR, all stock except the SRI. Need help. I got a speeding ticket few weeks ago because of this inaccurate readout of my speedometer.

#4 ·
its oem wheel and oem tire size. the speedometer is off around 15to 20mph. When I start driving the speedometer is very slow going up. Like this morning on the way to work, my rpm is already around 4k (5th gear) and speedometer readout is around 50mph (I'm in the Interstate).

#9 ·
It might be the cluster because my 91 Integra had a disease or something because each time I was driving, I would have to refer to my math skills and do calculations on my speed. My speedometer was always 20 KMs above the actual speed. And when I stop the car at a dead stop, the speedometer still read 20km. So if I was driving in a 60 km/h zone, I would make sure my speedometer read 80 km/h. only difference. I didnt care, I just drove for 2.5 years and sold the car like it was.

#10 ·
i pulled my needle off, drove next to a friend on the phone on the highway at 60 MPH and stuck the needle back on at the 60 MPH mark while I was driving. lil risky but It has worked ever since. no more speeding tickets... and it was because I had those ****ty indiglo gauges. stay away from aftermarket gauges!

#16 ·
stockGSR95 on Sep/10/07 said:
its oem wheel and oem tire size. the speedometer is off around 15to 20mph. When I start driving the speedometer is very slow going up. Like this morning on the way to work, my rpm is already around 4k (5th gear) and speedometer readout is around 50mph (I'm in the Interstate).
at 4k rpm in 5th gear in a GSR you should be cruising at 80mph, im ai correct?

#19 ·
macura2001 on Sep/10/07 said:
i pulled my needle off, drove next to a friend on the phone on the highway at 60 MPH and stuck the needle back on at the 60 MPH mark while I was driving. lil risky but It has worked ever since. no more speeding tickets... and it was because I had those ****ty indiglo gauges. stay away from aftermarket gauges!

101% Agreed Stay Away From aftermark gauges.. my brother had them in his 91 big mistake.
his whole speed odometer stopped working,he used to just guess @ what speed he was going
never did get a ticket..

#21 ·
I have the same problem in my 1996 LS, I usually just match myself with the traffic around me...I think mine just reads about 5-7 mph over what it's supposed to.

I think it's because of the after market gauges that came in the car when I bought it...cause the temp gauge doesn't move very far and when I fill the car all the way up, it reads 1/2 tank on the fuel gauge...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.