Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a 7inch in-dash, single din, LCD screen to go under my Aiwa CDC-Mp3 head-unit. I plan on using a PS2 for the gaming and the DVD playing. I was wondering how easy is the installation would be and if anyone knew of a quality brand to look for. eBay looks like it has some great deals, but I don't know the quality of the products. I see MorningZ has a in-dash screen, so any comments on installation or what to do and not to do would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
to answer I was wondering how easy is the installation

if one thinks if it took someone about 4 hours of fighting with the only double DIN kit on the market, shaving, modifying, pull the console in and out to get the radios installed just right, and going through two of the above-mentioned kits......

then yes, it's easy....

in other words, its a battle to get two DIN units to fit in our tegs

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Morning Z,
are you saying a DoubleDin OR two Single DIN units wont fit without a little work?
How about for the GEN-2 Tegs?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
emerson just came out with a new display only (no tv tuner) MT-9000. they are't the top of the line for displays, but decent quality at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sony has a new 9" widescreen and Alpine has a 7.2" widescreen that both have a spot to play cd's and DVD's. In a couple of days I am putting one of the sony's in my car. How much you willing to spend on one and I can check some prices

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check out the Sony XAV-7W. It's a 7' widescreen, I just installed it in my teg and I also put the Sony overhead monitor in as well. They are both great screens and don't cost that much. You can get the in-dash one for about 700 and the overhead for about 600 if you look online.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
JLewis184 on Jun/05/02 said:
Quote: it took someone about 4 hours of fighting with the only double DIN kit on the market, What do you meen "double DIN kit?"
I see this is an old post but I'm looking into this now. What does a double DIN mean anyway? Is it two componets, like a indash DVD, and indash monitor? That's my question. Could you fit a indash monitor and fit an indash DVD player under it? Or would I have to put the DVD player in my glove box or something?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts