Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
i was really interested when i saw the prices but he said that i have to have crash test results which means that i would have to buy two of the same cars and make sure that it passes emission which would end up being money. this is exactly what he said:

Are you in the US?? If so, the Japanese specifications vehicle (JDM) is Right Hand Drive model. (There are only RHD in Japan as you may
know...) I think that it is difficult to import it into the US. (except a part, eg. to race use only) . Let me advise you that unless you wish to present
crash test data for any Right Hand Drive car, it cannot legally be imported to the US. This is prohibitively expensive as a vehicle must be crashed to
obtain the data. Also, the JDM car does not meet the US emission standard. So, it needs to install the OBD2 system in order to pass the emission standard.

Or, it is possible to import of JDM cars under regulations regulating these cars to race use only and for show model.

Therefore, as for the U.S. we deal in only for race(competition) vehicles and show models. If you would like to import the vehicle(it is not for street use) under these regulations, we will be glad to support your
importing.

If I can do anything for you or you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to let me know.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,
J's Garage Export
Yosh*taka Ikeda [email protected]

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
just another idea that might be able to get you around legalizing the car... they make integra's in the US obviously... import a JMD ITR and also buy a USDM gsr or something and just swap the plates. the only give away would be the cop walking up to your passenger window to give you a ticket, right? haha. he'd probably get all confused and need a donut.

·
Registered
208 Posts
drrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooollll......

I know where I am turning if something ever happens to my car (i still wouldn't like giving her up, but hey... for a GTR or RX-7 (or especially that jdm type r that cost less than my USDM gsr...)). man oh man oh man-

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
wupike21 on Aug/15/02 said:
Didn't somebody on TI already import a new ITR from Japan? Yall should ask him what he payed.
He lied, man...obviously he had too much time on his hands...he has a supercharged 2001 ITR too....yeah right.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah you're gonna have to pay a crapload to legalize the Type R if you import it.
I think that's gonna be the only way to get one, I dont see Honda bringing them to the states =[

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actually someone imported a Type R, but in parts and he pieced it together. He's at www.clubrsx.com, go to the forums and search for it. He has pix and everything. I think he's in San Deigo...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts