Team Integra Forums banner

imagestation cut remote linking?

2K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  MorningZ 
#1 ·
Man, I've noticed nothing but little red x's coming from imagestation lately. Do you guys think they've cut us off? I hope not!!

#12 ·
Louse76 on Feb/05/04 said:
Man, I've noticed nothing but little red x's coming from imagestation lately. Do you guys think they've cut us off? I hope not!!
well, they have been cutting people off for well over a year now, but there was always one or two backdoors around this...

appears they finally closed those holes... i wouldn't be too surprised, it was for sure bound to happen

#15 ·
i signed up with 1and1.com when they were giving away free three year hosting :). i only pay $6 a year for my domain name also. i should have signed up more accounts when they were still giving them away :(. what's up with we-todd-it-racing? the pic qualities look horrible

#16 ·
i like using my skool's bandwidth

yea, they DoNT give us unlimited space ( at least mine doesnt ), but it is unlimited transfers..can u say GIGABIT? oOo
and no quality downsizing either

not good for uploading ENTIRE albums, but good for small pix like banners
i doubt ill get thru my skool's firewalls..it's a multi-million dollar firewall ( no, seriously )

#19 ·
Hey, just wanted to add, I'm workin' on gettin' my own webpage up and running...so after I do...i'm thinking about offering to host pics up for people.

Maybe I could create a sticky or something in the future and it would have a link to where I could be contacted as post the pics up. Just a thought...i'll have to look more into it and go over it with Z and the mods here..

#21 ·
Since I have cable for my internet my ISP gives me about 10mb of online storage space that doesnt get hit up by linking them to anywhere.

However, if you sign up for a free website somewhere, upload your image then rename it with.txton the end instead of.jpg/.gif/etcthen the picture will still show, but it takes a lonnnggg time for them to find out theyre pictures if at all, the only thing you need to make sure you do, is setup some bootleg index.html file and put some information on it, and hit your page a few times a week so it looks active, or theyll cut the account for it not being used.

- Josh

#25 ·
Anglefire doesnt allow remote linking either.. it give you a small 100x100 image of "Hosted by Angelfire"

"free image hosting" is a much much dying breed....

#26 ·
all right, hopefully i didn't step into "total geekness" here trying to explain stuff, but places like Imagestation, Yahoo, Angelfire, Photobucket, etc don't work consistantly.... maybe this kinda of explains it....

but just because "you see the image" doesn't mean everyone else can.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.