Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,im hearing a thicking noise coming from my engine but as try to see wheres it's coming from it sound like it's from the back by the fuel injectors.what can it be???

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
it could either be the injectors or the valves, i've got the same problem but i know its my valves and maybe more. You may need a valve adjustment. Does it sound anything like this?

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Exploit on Jan/28/06 said:
Try this Sea Foam Cleaning and use some Lucas Oil treatment
No. Do not follow this advice.

Honda injectors are clicky by nature. Valves can be adjusted. Seafoam and Lucas oil treatment are just blind suggestions that will cause more harm than good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Jan/28/06 said:
Quote: Exploit on Jan/28/06Try this Sea Foam Cleaning and use some Lucas Oil treatment

No. Do not follow this advice.

Honda injectors are clicky by nature. Valves can be adjusted. Seafoam and Lucas oil treatment are just blind suggestions that will cause more harm than good.
Well I used them and it stoped the ticking in my car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
drftnda on Jan/31/06 said:
i have a another ? my car keeps reving funny it goes up 2000 rpm and then it drops to 1000 and repeats on doing it.What can it be ?can it be related?

I have this problem right when I start the engine as well. Noticed it starting around mid-fall. RPM stays at like 2000 then drops to about 1000 after a minute or two. Mine doesn't keep doing it though..

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
well if it started around mid fall its because it getting col they idle high untill warm and then go down its normal i live in Nd and its gets wicked cold here mine will idle at 2500 then go down its normal

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i live in cali so the weather is just good over here so im thinking it be a sensor that is jacking my timing or something i getting to the point that i been wanting to get rid of it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
drftnda on Jan/31/06 said:
i have a another ? my car keeps reving funny it goes up 2000 rpm and then it drops to 1000 and repeats on doing it.What can it be ?can it be related?
I don't think its related but mine did that and I just had it fixed, its most likely your Idle air control sensor, I replace the throttle body with just another used LS one and then adjusted the air bleeder screw on the top of the throttle body and it stopped. Try just adjusting that screw first, you only need a flathead screwdriver.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
im having the same sound. Im planning on doing a valve adjustment, just dont have time right now. Im 90% sure that you are having the same problem and an adjustment will cure it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dang,am gonna try to get a valve adjustment and i might just tell them to give my car a diagnostics test i think maybe finding my problem will be alot faster.what do you guys think?

·
Registered
594 Posts
The ticking noise that goes on...is it a fast ticking noise, like the one on the video on the first page? because I watched the video on the fist page, and it had a fast ticking noise, but my car has a slower ticking noise at idle, and it gets faster as I give it gas.
do I just need a valve adjustment? I hope its not worse if you know what I mean!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.