Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hondaprelude.com

and i just approached this guy about a month ago trying to buy "acuraintegra.com" down and he turned me down.... ah well, i guess another one bites the dust....

r.i.p.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
ABC ya...

I know you don't wanna hear this Z, but this is the reason I donated some money to this site, I love it and wouldn't want to see it go down like that. I know you're kind of hard headed about receiving money, but it's just a small way to show you that we appreciate everything you do.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
thank you.

We truly appreciate all that you do Z

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw, on a related note.. talked to the host of the site tonight on the phone for almost 90 minutes running ideas across each other to speed up the site...

hopefully some small tweaks i made in the past 30 mins make a difference to keep the site off the guilletine for at least a few months before i gotta plop down the big bucks for a VTEC powered web server....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol.. i was just reading through the site again (more carefully this time)

I never would have imagined that the site would grow to the extent that it has. once the site did become huge I naively thought that members and advertisers would cover the huge expense of hosting a 10 Million+ impression a month site
from the conversion i mentioned above, this was brought up...
in ten days
Hits Entire Site (Successful): 2,677,606

10 million a month??? hah.. childs play, this site is still growing like crazy, by next month we'd clear 10 mil hits a month

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I use to be a member of Bill Underwood's Porsche 944 Excite Community (Excite shut it down two years ago because we got too big). Anyway, the dude never did ANYTHING. We would email him, requesting him to stop by the site and he never did. He just let it fly.

I think this is his current site:

http://944-world.com/

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
man that sucks, sorry to see those prelude boys lose a site. just reading that vent note just makes ya realize how much sh*t steve really does do. hell he does more than that guy does and he couldnt even keep it up.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Kind of depressing. I consider the Prelude our sister vehicle.

I know that I've learned a lot about my teg from this site. I also know that when I start moding my car, I will have a better chance to do it in an intelligent manner - thanks to TI.

There is no other site like this for tegs - AND there are not many (if any) other sites out there like TI for ANY vehicle. TI does ROCK.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry to post again on this thread, i just wanted to comment that if i ever had to write a "letter" like that, it would almost be exactly like that.... very weird

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
OK, just a question for ya Z, what would you have done with acuraintegra.com??? Transferred everything over to there?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Dude, the guy's a wimp - he should have just passed the torch. I'm sure one of his fellow Preludeians would have been capable of keeping things up and running.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i think his plan was to make it that if someone typed in www.acuraintegra.com that it would just transfer over to this site address. that way people would find it easier doing searches and by just typing it in.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Well, look at how many people post versus how many donate. Sometimes even if people have good intentions, they are not good at the "follow through".

Z is dedicated and hard working. Many thanks to him.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
acutally.. instead of paying that guy, i registered http://www.acuraintegra.net

as for the above "passing the torch", that is next to impossible.. if i had to do that, i guarentee the site wouldn't last a month, god help someone trying to go through all my ASP code

as the title of the thread says, i'll make sure that never happens

at least until i get a car other than a teg, lol

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
MorningZ on Aug/15/02 said:
as the title of the thread says, i'll make sure that never happens
z i dont think thats funny. (says with a very stern face) lol
oh and the passing the torch thing, a month would be a miracle, i dont think someone would even take the job. i think ya gotta be a little nuts.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
MorningZ on Aug/15/02as the title of the thread says said:
I missed that - that's funny.

Well a teg by any other name is a RSX - and didn't Z say he was hooked already???

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Ok, this make me feel really bad about not have TI cards on me today when I talked to that guy with the ITR. He had never even heard of us!

BRB, gonna go and put those *$#@ cards in my wallet right now! ...

Aight, done deal!

Thanks for all of the time you put into this site Z, lord knows half of us here would run from such a task.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Yes ... that would be correct.

(chuckles)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i think ya'd have a mob after ya if you sold it. i think i would be the leader

1 - 20 of 47 Posts