Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I’m just wondering if a 1998 dc2 ignition and Column will fit in my 2000 dc2

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
Your 2000 should have an immobilizer built into the ECU. If you install the 98 ignition, the ECU will be attempting to sense a signal from the ignition switch, and won't be receiving it, causing it to not start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 2000 should have an immobilizer built into the ECU. If you install the 98 ignition, the ECU will be attempting to sense a signal from the ignition switch, and won't be receiving it, causing it to not start.
Sweet as thanks for the help and could you remove the imm

thank you heaps for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet as thanks for the help and could you remove the imm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I get a 2000 ignition would I have to change ecu or ignition switch or would it pick Any 2000 ignition signal up??

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
If I get a 2000 ignition would I have to change ecu or ignition switch or would it pick Any 2000 ignition signal up??
No, you won't have to change the ECU. As long as you're still utilizing the same key with the ECU, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1998 Integra LS prepared for Road Racing
26 Posts
Why do you want to swap the ignition switch and column?? As stated above, the 2000/2001 have an immobilizer built into the system. If you are just looking to replace the ignition switch/key, you would need to have the new key programmed to the ECU.

You can install a 98 steering column into a 2000- you will need to add the immobilizer sensor for the system to work.

If you have a non-immobilizer key that you would want to use, you will need a non-immobilizer ECU and the correct ECU jumper harness to connect the early OBD2 ECU to the later chassis harness.

Hopefully this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts